If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

They’re really selling this:

16 Likes

As much as I love spicy food it does get to a point where its just chemical irritant strength with metallic flavour and more pain than fire. (I refer to it as blender mouth)

12 Likes

I have one. I dare not try it.

6 Likes

An interesting read…

3 Likes

If you change your mind, post a video.

9 Likes

I’ve had a flavoursome sauce made with reaper chillis, but you have to be incredibly judicious with the use of it.

Those things look more along the lines of the vials of pure capsaicin they sell at the (now sadly suspended) annual chilli festivals in this county - more as a conversation piece or for bragging rights than anything really usable in food.

6 Likes

15 Likes

Drainage conduit halfway up to Mt. Lemmon on the Catalina Highway

Forgot to include the other side:

17 Likes

I don’t know what bothers me more: the grocer’s apostrophe or the unknowable pricing.

22 Likes

Wait… how are you supposed to know the price of the product, if it’s not on the damn shelf?

winona-wait-it-says-that

13 Likes

You have to guess, like it’s Let’s Make a Deal! or The Price is Right. If you guess wrong, you get sent home empty-handed.

12 Likes

I found a complimentary rock today. Thanks, little rock!

22 Likes

I realize the lock screen on my computer really rides the line between IRL and other but…

The tone on this CTA seems…mismatched to it’s content. Is aggro-competitive meditation a thing? (ugh, I mean, of course it is…)

13 Likes

We gonna get this meditation ON, bro!

5 Likes

First snow :snowflake: of the season in Minneapolis this morning, melting and sliding down the skylight, giving way to blue skies. It will be a while before any snowfall sticks.

I always find it a thrill to witness the first flakes fall! I excitedly emailed a friend who lives across the river in St Paul, and her reply was “Grr”.

As usual, taken with the only camera I have, the one in my :computer: Chromebook; best quality pic I can offer :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Anyone know why the above post was held for moderation?

:thinking: Is it because I used the word “moiѕt” in a post yesterday and my punishment for overriding the blocked-words feature is that now I’m on BoingBoing’s list of suspected evildoers?

(I’m seriously asking, though. I was surprised it was held for moderation, that’s never happened to me before.)

6 Likes

I have posts held for moderation from time to time, but usually in contentious threads and or when I’ve used potentially contentious language (not ■■■■■, mind).

Reading that I imagine it’s picking up on the alternative meaning of Minneapolis.

5 Likes

Wait, I think you are joking?

PM me if there’s some bad news you need to break to me about the name of my adopted City!

Edit…hmm…“Minneapolis” = “Water City” = “moiѕt”?

5 Likes

I’m enjoying the slightly-off translations from the toy camping set out 5yo picked out for our (newly-minted) 3yo for her birthday

7 Likes

Well, that was a joke, but recent discussions of Minneapolis have been fraught, of course.

4 Likes