If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Hundreds of migratory Canada Geese resting in a local retention pond. Probably around 50 mallards in there too.

15 Likes

Ronald McD sure seems happy about what he sees

11 Likes

South Kansas

15 Likes

well, dorothy, we’re finally home…

12 Likes
12 Likes

Oops! I forgot to delete those tiles! Right-click, right-click, right-click, right-click…

8 Likes

Where are you in relation to my step-parents (the extreme west side of Wichita)?

5 Likes

It’s about an hour south of Wichita, between Winfield and Arkansas City. My spouse’s ancestors are from here. Her aunt still has about 900 acres in the area.

13 Likes

Vivid sunset in a local park.

15 Likes

15 Likes

Yes It Is Agree GIF by Leroy Patterson

8 Likes

We went to an antique shop at the request of our 14-yr.-old (the only one who left there empty-handed). These are among the findings:

I passed on the Love Lotion (for now). I wasn’t sure what that sheet music was, but grabbed it after I looked up the song on YouTube:

10 Likes

Cow Cow Boogie
now that’s a throwback. very insensitive now, even racist with lyrics like
“he’s raised on loco weed and he’s a [something] halfbreed”.
anyway, i recognized that title because i heard it a long time ago.

ETA: here is the Decca version in the pic you show.
pretty swingy!

9 Likes

I… wasn’t familiar with it. :flushed: Saw “Ella Fitzgerald” & went for it.

I’m not sure i can actually play any of these records… our turntable goes to 78rpm but, I’ve learnt, one needs the right kind of stylus for these records. This was just for the sake of collecting 'em. (Bennie Moten hasn’t walked the earth in close to 90 years)

7 Likes

“Swing” halbreed, I believe. Pretty fun tune. Haven’'t listened to the second version yet.

ETA: Listened to Ella; tasty. :slight_smile:

1 Like

7 Likes

7 Likes

What’s that advertising? What does it say? And what’s covering the face?

4 Likes

There is no face - it’s a hole. Seems poorly positioned to put your own face into though

3 Likes

Doesn’t look like a hole to me… :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes