If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Looks like they cleaned it…
Pretty sure now it is the same. (Or the same type. Might be more than one.)
Might have changed its name/flag/line again.

10 Likes

That’s a nice boat…ship…ship…

5 Likes

I want this!

8 Likes

Lantana in evening light

18 Likes

Pretty :blush:

9 Likes

10 Likes

Not a helpful self-isolating development.

17 Likes

Oh balls! :dizzy_face:

5 Likes

of fire even.

10 Likes

Great ones, at that.

8 Likes

Red-bellied woodpecker.

These are frequent visitors, as are downy and/or hairy (not sure I could tell them apart, but probably the former as they aren’t very big). I think I’ve seen yellow-bellied sapsuckers. The pileated (which I think I posted upthread) shows up at the feeder through the winter, otherwise is seldom seen. I have not seen a flicker around here in years (though I think I’ve heard 'em) and I’ve never seen a red-headed.

14 Likes

Finnish National Theatre today.

16 Likes

15 Likes

Some kind of Rick Sanchez pepper.

10 Likes

We occasionally get flickers (middle of Missouri here).

As long as we’re on the subject of backyard birds, we’ve been seeing this robin the past few weeks at our suet feeder. It’s funny because robins are ground feeders (worms and the like), but this one somehow figured out there’s food up here – but can’t get to it. The bird can’t (or doesn’t know how to) cling to the side of the feeder. So now it just hangs around and anytime a more agile bird comes along to feed, the robin chases it away.

Birds are assholes.

14 Likes

Re/Max is everywhere!

5 Likes

Yeah, cardinals will get up on the feeder, looking for seeds that might’ve fallen into the tray, but they will not eat directly from the holes in the feeder tubes (though I seem to recall seeing this happen once). I’ve seen a wren going after the suet, in winter. Doves and juncos just hang around on the ground.

Pretty sure that’s an Aesop fable.

5 Likes

What does “my” mean in Finnish?

3 Likes

Had to dig a little, but this one fits

5 Likes

I suspect this will be heard frequently, what with the cabin fever:

13 Likes