If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 2)

13 Likes

I got them! Planning to post in the other thread, just trying to figure how much I should crop out…I mean, it’s not my house or my things…)

9 Likes

13 Likes

Do. It.

8 Likes

I wonder why children and etiquette are ticked off?

6 Likes

For anyone else who finds this book as fascinating as I do, I found this resource:

You can search by key word and jump to the section. In honor of our intrepid cat sitter, I started with Minneapolis:

10 Likes

Is that a huge print, or has someone spray-painted the tarp/canvas? Any idea who the artist is?

5 Likes

I think it was print on canvas.

Soilspace by Zheng Mahler

The artwork acts as a subterranean window, evoking the idea of how cities built on graves and burial sites form part of wider ‘soil communities’. The 3D models weave together folkloric, historical, and biological representations that interact across multiple temporal axes on the site. The work is a form of ancestor worship dedicated to the multitude of spirits in the soil that have shaped and continue to shape the spaces we inhabit.

Zheng Mahler is a collective formed by artist Royce Ng and anthropologist Daisy Bisenieks.

There used be a railroad there. You might have seen it…

9 Likes

Maybe they were treated rudely?

:wink: (please laugh)

7 Likes

Now it’s around 75%. I don’t think much of is dense…

11 Likes

Great! Now you’ve got all the calamities and hygiene you need :grin:

11 Likes

Minneapolis is third, and it’s on the banks of a river? Wow.

7 Likes

My question is, why would someone want to know what cities are the three highest large cities in the U.S.? Why not the four highest? Where do you draw the line? Obviously that person knew where to draw it, and they stuck to it.

6 Likes

I wondered if, like the previous question on that page, it was to settle a bet or something.

5 Likes

13 Likes

Graffiti on a footbridge.

15 Likes

I’d figured that Pittsburgh was both higher & (perhaps back then) larger than Atlanta. :thinking:

5 Likes

A setting sun.

17 Likes

I didn’t come here to do math

8 Likes

14 Likes