If You See Something (IRL), Post Something!

my granddad lived in Austin and grew nanners. yup got one harvest one year, many moons ago.
you’re somewhere around there, I thought?

8 Likes

I’m north of Austin. Maybe one will grow then! I’ll have to do some more research

7 Likes

Oh. It is very beautiful. When we were kids there was always some banana trees in our backyard.

Do you know that some people eat it? We call it umbigo (bellybutton) or Coração (heart) da Bananeira (banana tree).

11 Likes

Saw these in charity shop yesterday.

100€ it had an old price sticker for 285 Finnish markka that’s about 63€.

11 Likes

Pawn shop auction. Starting bid was 150€ final bid was 180€.

11 Likes

Mini gallery of finds from Walmart today

(Yes, your car can now smell like desperation)

15 Likes

This leaf has about the same width as a salad plate:

12 Likes

Sycamore leaf.

4 Likes

(Googles “salad plate”)

Oooh wow!

6 Likes

You can put anything for the license plate #

8 Likes

I did something similar in DC the other day. Who remembers a license plate number? When the meter is a block away from the car a made up plate will do. :+1:

3 Likes

Actual SNOW in Helsinki… It won’t last but still SNOW!

17 Likes

Somebody was practicing their alliteration at Flightradar24. Double points for four “pr-” words

19 Likes

I see FIVE “pr-” words! How many points do I get? :smiley: :wink:

8 Likes

Whoops! All those p-words made my eyes temporarily cross. :woozy_face:

But you get quadruple points! :wink:

10 Likes
6 Likes

I signed up to take part in Project Feeder Watch for the first time this year. It’s really easy, and the data visualization they give you is quite nice!

8 Likes

Within the past week a pair of great horned Owls have taken up residence in a nearby tree with direct line of sight of my feeder. Perhaps not residing, but they have certainly chosen to perch there.

Bird activity at the feeder has dropped to nearly zero. I could go though 20 pounds of feed in a busy week before.

15 Likes

Maybe they signed up for the feeder watch, too :wink:

Srsly, though, how cool! We’ve had a barred owl around very rarely (at least, only seen it very rarely) and they’re always such a treat to see.

11 Likes

We saw this avian predator in the park the other day

19 Likes