If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

2:38 PM today at Kompassitori towards Gulf of Finland Helsinki, Finland.

21 Likes

not entirely sure how I feel about this.
is that near you? abalone in the desert? weird totem. perhaps Tohono O’odham or Sonoran Yaqui? strange. :thinking:

eta: or a quirky artist that makes them

4 Likes

It’s actually in Point Reyes Station.

4 Likes

ahh! that explains that!
still not sure I’m cool with all those dead abalone. aren’t they protected in California waters?
I mean, I dig into some abalone chowder just like the lovely conch here, but queen conch are a protected fishery here, illegal to take.
(the conch available commercially are from Bahamas)

4 Likes

I’m going to guess that if there was a problem, it wouldn’t be on prominent display downtown.

5 Likes

14 Likes

16 Likes

The greatest packing material:

17 Likes

Another public art sticker example.

12 Likes

Russian River, near Guerneville

15 Likes

Goat Rock Beach

Here the Russian River ends: usually without quite reaching the sea (the water flows through the sand, of course).

Apparently a lot of people have a problem with this.

19 Likes

Some front yard art seen on my walk.

18 Likes

11 Likes

As seen on Facebook! How much more legitimate can you get?

Starlyf®

7 Likes

Jätkäsaari, Helsinki, Finland today.

21 Likes

It smells of that summer you spent at Camp Regret…

22 Likes

Lower right corner.

5 Likes

Oh wow. I missed that! It reminded me to post this other piece of contemporary dystopian collateral.

Something so chilling about COVID masks with the exact same mundane styleguide as every-day-wear briefs and undershirts…

14 Likes

How did you know?!? Do you know Chad?!? (Jk)

On a more serious note, why are the marshmallows coated in pink? And why are they dripping like that? I think the package designer may have never seen a marshmallow before.

13 Likes

UK marshmallows often come in a pack of mixed pink and white and taste like soft expanded polystyrene. They’re not good, even melted.

I had my leather jacket for 25 years and I’m not sure it smelled “fragrant”…

14 Likes