If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Some fall colors from Mustikkamaa, Helsinki.

20 Likes

Sunrise was very pretty this morning.

23 Likes

I had the temerity to go to UPS to send some packages via UPS.

I can’t figure out what to make of this:

Whatever that sign meant, the door is locked. Moving onto the automated locker, I don’t know what to make of this, either:

Nor this:

Fuck-UPS

14 Likes

Post Office Letter GIF by INTO ACTION

6 Likes

Clouds over Kobe.

15 Likes

Nokia 2110 (1994) AFAIK one of the first cells that could send text messages. It’s price was about the same as a base model of a iPhone 13 Pro Max.

11 Likes

Dollar Tree stores in my area are trying to deal with shortages by selling nightmare fuel

I live in NY and not in Canada or Quebec by the way.

Edit: I found the show’s intro and I have more questions than answers

13 Likes

Are palm trees and grapevines related?

10 Likes

Date palm.

12 Likes

Something unsettling about this

20 Likes

There’s an album cover…

13 Likes

These are summer clouds, but it’s October…

13 Likes

We all run a bit late occasionally, give them a break! :wink:

Also: pretty!

6 Likes

Yesterday morning, after some badly-needed rain:

17 Likes

The windows in my office’s bathroom form tiny Fresnel lenses, each one showing a slightly different perspective of the outside.

26 Likes

https://concurso.ens.org.co/participa/reglamento/

The subject of the photographs must revolve around human beings (regardless of age, sex or race) doing some kind of job or trade. This does not mean that works cannot be sent where the human presence is implicit through objects or matter, but it will be the jury who decides on the relevance of these treatments.

In essence, our proposal seeks to focus the gaze of photographers towards the human factor as a fundamental protagonist of the production process. In this edition, we especially invite photographers to emphasize the labor consequences of the pandemic in Latin America, including aspects such as teleworking, underemployment, informality, precariousness, migration and unemployment.

There are five categories at the Latin American level and a Special Category for Colombia on Rural Work.

WORKING WOMEN

WORKING MEN

WORKING CHILDHOOD

ECONOMICS OF CARE

MIGRANT WORK

RURAL WORK (Special category for Colombia)

NOTE: In the event that the photographs have a mixed presence of men and women, the same works may be entered in different categories simultaneously.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Pretty great Hallowe’en decorations spotted today. I would’ve preferred them somewhere other than next door to our pediatrician’s office, but what ya gomna do?

12 Likes

What a trusting neighborhood! Will everything remain in place with no theft?

5 Likes

It’s Park Slope Brooklyn, so a pretty fancy area (we don’t live here, it’s just where our ped is). I hadn’t really thought about theft or vandalism, but it must not be terribly common as every block has at least one townhouse that goes all out like this with the tableaus. Some have big inflatables too. They are right there on the street though, so very good point.

9 Likes