If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

“A squealing comes across the sky.” --Thomas Pyg-chon

9 Likes

I think it’s (supposed to be) a cow being abducted by an UFO, and being cool about it.

871a7c3f-23e3-4876-a4b4-1bfd143e02f2_text1

8 Likes

Oooh! I always love those winter webcam shots that you post of Lienz. The clouds, the lights, the stars!

9 Likes

Shining a light 2023
The Muhammad Ali Center in Louisville, Kentucky is honored to announce its ninth annual “Shining a Light” International Photography Contest and subsequent exhibition. This year the Ali Center is asking participants to submit photographs that illustrate the unique ways in which incarceration affects women prisoners.

At the end of the contest period, the Muhammad Ali Center will produce a documentary-style exhibition, which will be exhibited beginning Wednesday, March 8, 2023.

12 Likes

3-4pm in Helsinki.

18 Likes

Spending time at an Airbnb for the afternoon. Old house- original part built in 1876. Has some beautiful touches. Drafty as all get out tho

18 Likes

Oh?

Kate Mckinnon Flirt GIF by Saturday Night Live

14 Likes

Sorry, but the bathtub is a code violation. The water should spill in above the flood rim of the tub. They need a backflow preventer on the water line to avoid contaminating the water supply.

9 Likes

4pm Helsinki

18 Likes

And since the faucet is actually a modern reproduction, indicating recent renovation work, they can’t argue that the tub is grandfathered in with regard to current building code standards.

10 Likes

Late 1950s era Gurley Thanksgiving candles.

10 Likes

The 2023 FIO Wildlife Photography Contest
is open for entries.

More than 6.000€ in prizes.

In order to participate, you will need to complete your registration on the competition website:

www.concursofioextremadura.es

The deadline for submitting images ends on January 15th at 23:59 CET.

Participation in the competition is open to everyone of all ages and nationalities, both amateur and professional photographers, being the authors of the images submitted and holding the rights to the latter, without any restriction from agencies or companies.

Participation to the contest is FREE of charge.

6 Likes

13 Likes

Few hours later in Helsinki:

19 Likes

BEAN ENTRANCE

(Other vegetables use side door)

18 Likes

16 Likes

Soybean, I assume, as it’s Bunge.

6 Likes

It got me thinking about the Bunge grain elevator in one of my old neighborhoods in Minneapolis, and I looked up their website. I’d had NO idea how HUGE that company is!!!

(A picture of the elevator I lived near is at year 1935 on the timeline there. Of course it was the late 1970s when I lived near it.)

6 Likes

Sun dog just before 4pm this afternoon

14 Likes

Early morning visitor to the squirrel feeder.

17 Likes