If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

One only hopes that handsome devil is one of Neil Gaiman’s spirit-warrior cats

9 Likes

That’s a great little read. Thanks for the link!

5 Likes

I went to Target to try to find a good game for a 10 year-old’s Birthday. Here were some of my choices…

Peeingpup
Pooptoilet
Pimplepete

12 Likes

I had to look those up to make sure you weren’t just linking to some MAD magazine insert.

9 Likes

The 20teens just looked at the 90s boogers and farts obsession and said “hold my beer.”

6 Likes

Yep. “Pull my finger” having had its day.

3 Likes

An update to this and this.

Adieu, Bidou. Good riddance.

1 Like

GROSS!! I never found that stuff funny when I was young, now just… yuck.

4 Likes

“Can I trust you to hold my beer?”
2 months later “Shit in My Beer” sold 50,000 units…

7 Likes

Former ice block has days numbered as spring approaches.

An abandoned sail boat still floating

13 Likes

Fun with the dyed Chicago River

9 Likes

Part of a complete, nutritious breakfast

10 Likes

That’s how I love to start my day, eatin my peeps!

(And that’s all I have to say about that.)

8 Likes

Erfworld

6 Likes

A friend sent me this, having spied Nick Cave buying shampoo

with all the joie de vivre one might expect.

14 Likes

I’ll confess to finding that shocking. Maybe it’s for someone else?

8 Likes

When he’s in Melbourne these days he stays in the hotel across the road from where I work, so I’ve seen him a few times on the street. The one word that, unexpectedly, springs to mind every time is “dapper”.

12 Likes

He’s always appeared dapper, but I can’t imagine a surfactant ever touching that hair.

2 Likes

Alas no picture or video, but quite a thing.

My parents live further out in the country than us (surrounded by houses, but they’ve got a good acre and change of Sonoran desert surrounding their house, and are about a half mile from parkland.

They put seed (usually quail blocks) out on a stone platform outside their bedroom and office windows: often used by the quail (and javelinas, if they forget to shut the gate completely), but also by Round Tailed Ground Squirrels and sparrows, towhees, etc.

They say the ground squirrels get up to 10 inches long (including tail), but that’s a big one. The biggest ones I’ve seen, stretched out, would not be 8.

Anyway, we’re looking out the windows, watching mostly ground squirrels and sparrows pick at the quail block, with the ground squirrels fighting each other over priority, when one ground squirrel sneaks around the side of the stone platform on the ground, then suddenly leaps up the side and grabs a sparrow by the throat, pulling it down to the ground. With the sparrow flapping and fighting, this tiny 3-4 oz. creature then drags it under a mesquite tree, stops for a moment, then keeps dragging it around the side of the house. I raced out to try and get video, but by the time I got there he was long gone, I can only assume down a hole.

And then I learned that squirrels of all kinds are ominvores:

Squirrels as Predators [PDF]

Hmm. Nothing more to say, I guess.

11 Likes

Totally 1970s Chris Foss spaceship art or plastic wingnut found while assembling a lawnmower?

15 Likes