If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

No way that’s a Foss pic, it’s nowhere near stripy enough :wink:

4 Likes

Some favorite mossy bricks from a Sunday in the Botanic Gardens. Even there I somehow can’t keep my eyes on the macro…

14 Likes

Western Sweet Acacia

15 Likes

Related:

5 Likes

I found an old visitor’s guide for my city from the 80s in a used bookstore. I grabbed it mostly for the old ads (there was one for the restaurant where my wife works). Here are a couple that caught my eye:

and the first few pages from the quite old kids’ book that I picked up:

I was going to scan the whole thing, but it won’t open flat enough for the scanner I have, and I don’t want to ruin it, even in order to preserve it. I’ll see if I can think of something else.

14 Likes

10 Likes

11 Likes

Looks like there’s an interesting story buried there. Where is it?

5 Likes

My deodorant is being snarky.

18 Likes

Better than the instructions on the stick deodorant, “remove cap, push up bottom.”

17 Likes

IT_Crowd__Moss__extinguisher_stand_upright%5B1%5D

12 Likes

Boot Hill, Tombstone.

6 Likes

Huh. Somehow we missed that one when we were out there last year.

3 Likes

The second line of text seemed unnecessary, unless rubbing it in is somehow necessary. If it’s for lease, it’s for lease - does it matter why?

14 Likes

I suppose, because he/she might come back? Angrily?

2 Likes

I just spent a very enjoyable time reading up on Tombstone, the O.K Corral shootout, and the old West in general. I never really liked westerns except for the landscapes, but I’m planning a trip to the Southwest and now I can’t seem to get enough of the stories. The 19th century was such an interesting period, your photo had great timing for me :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Post some pics here when you’re back.

8 Likes

If you have any questions about southern Arizona, let me know.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s a legal requirement? Sounds like the last thing you’d want a prospective tenant to know.

Unless, maybe the eviction will unambiguously improve the property.

5 Likes

Maybe a “subtle” way of announcing which kinds of prospective tenants need not apply?

3 Likes