If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

“Tenant being evicted” implies that the tenant was still (to some degree) in the building (either by still having a right to enter and/or by having personal items [to be moved] still on site. Given that, perhaps the owner was considering what prospective tenants would think if they saw people/things still in the building.

2 Likes

If that was the case, I think I’d just go with “please do not disturb.”

1 Like

A tiny touch of salve for the pain of eviction…

1 Like

It also serves as a decent Prototype object design pattern, for those late-night urges to revamp the worldEconomicUnits_ because thatcherBotNet has implemented .austeritymeasures = true.

Thanks for your offer. We probably won’t be going further South than Petrified Forest this time around but are already saving up for the grand tour of the south. So maybe …

billede

4 Likes

Ambitious Crossovers: The Bootleg Wars

10 Likes

I guess… but if it wasn’t yet April 1 then I shouldn’t be surprised by things still on the premises.

The way it came off (driving past this place), it seemed like the only thing they omitted was “No-good” in front of “tenant.”

If it helps clarify: the property in question used to be a seminary, which was bought out a few years ago. Some other real estate company bought the property, and proceeded to lease out the buildings to various private schools. So, it’s a college/school building.

3 Likes

16 Likes

Just a reminder that the universe is always watching and sometimes it sends you oddly specific notes on how you can do better:

14 Likes

15 Likes

Must tie-in all the things…

16 Likes

Just look at that MCU/Dole Tie-in!

9 Likes

Damn, I forgot to just look at it.

10 Likes

Ok, I didn’t manage to get a picture, but today I saw…

Adam Savage (of Mythbusters fame) riding a onewheel board down the street in the rain while carrying 6 coffees and wearing a NASA raincoat.

Awesome enough that it seems worth sharing?

12 Likes

I was going through my tons of crap on my computer, and ran across a scan of a letter I found years ago (so it’s old, obviously). I believe I found it in a used book that I had bought. I live in Colorado Springs, the home of Focus on the Family.

14 Likes

I’m on a lunchtime walk and there’s a crow that is yelling like a person. Well, like a cartoon character, anyway. I tried to get video and then, of course, it shut up.

9 Likes

Scientists have placed their vocalizations into as many as 33 different categories based on sound and context.

6 Likes

It did look big for a crow (at first I thought it might be a black vulture [which I recall don’t have vocal cords] or some escaped exotic), but I didn’t think that ravens got any closer to here (DC suburbs) than the mountains west of here. This in spite of the nearby football franchise being named for them. (And for that matter, in 16+ years here, I’ve yet to see an oriole)

ETA: having listened to the other sounds I’m guessing it was, indeed, a raven. Even the regular “caw-caw” is more like a parrot imitating a crow.

3 Likes

You need to send them that letter! Then maybe, just maybe, they will realize the error of their ways.

8 Likes

Hah. Yeah. That’ll do it.

3 Likes