If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Practical solutions to everyday problems.

21 Likes

This arrived in the mail yesterday:

Am I the only one whose formative years have yielded a really strong association between pencil renderings like this and the illustrations in the Joy of Sex? Does Mr. Meat Share look maybe a little too satisfied?

No? It’s just me?

17 Likes

He does look exactly like the sort of person who would casually invite you to his meat share without really considering how you might take it.

8 Likes

Big, very big.

The Horizon Leader; it’s just offloaded a cargo of motor vehicles.

And, 180° away, a big yellow thing. :wink:

12 Likes

This, to me, is odd. How sad that it is necessary to actively welcome people in a Christian church.

10 Likes

Now this is just a fun pun.

Park Slope is a famously family/chic neighborhood in Brooklyn, NY, just FYI…

6 Likes

It’s a brown jelly fungus; looks like Willow brain, Exidia recisa, which is common in North America. They are simultaneously lovely and repellent (insert joke about high school girlfriend here). :wink:

6 Likes

Heh-heh…

11 Likes

Okay, try this one:

6 Likes

Basic Instructions

12 Likes

I must admit, I almost just @-named you on that one, but I think you were on a break :slight_smile: Man, I got heavily into microbiology when my wife was in nursing school (she asked for help studying for an exam, then I refused to give the book back) but the fungus chapters were far too light and human-pathology-centric…

8 Likes

At least they’re not the kind of Christians who like to pretend that the majority of Christians don’t exist, or somehow don’t mean all the things they say.

3 Likes

Speaking of biology, I always laugh at this page of the quite literally birds-and-bees book Flowers are Calling (beautiful Kenard Pak illustrations throughout, btw, check it out) always strikes me as…explicit

They’re calling a beetle
to eat their pollen loose

11 Likes

From Birdsandbeeshub.com:

3 Likes

Welp, I just finished going top to tails through the crafting thread a few weeks ago, so I guess it’s high time to tackle another pure-community bbs trove… *opens in a new tab*

5 Likes

Is it cheating if I did this myself (as opposed to randomly finding it)?

8 Likes

And now for something completely different…

5 Likes

8 Likes

The King of Fruits:

(My father’s birthday present: being cut up outside, since it wasn’t allowed in the house.)

10 Likes

Could not get a picture of it (as I was driving and surprised by it), but there was a dead deer on a median on my way to work, and someone had tied one of those mylar birthday balloons to it’s leg!

10 Likes