If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Probably to let people know it was already claimed…

3 Likes

I mean, it was right off a busy state road… so…

2 Likes

This makes me imagine some kind of roadkill angel of death who goes around tying balloons to dead animals to lift their immortal souls off to animal heaven…

…oh shit, wait, was Up about an old man who dies and in the last moment his life with his wife flashes before his eyes and then the balloons are his mind finding a way to rationally interpret his ascent to heaven?

7 Likes

I’m not sure, but I believe you might have just invented a new religion?

8 Likes

YUM!!!

Although, it doesn’t look soft enough to me. Maybe it’s just the photo.

4 Likes

My reward, for picking up branches and litter from the front yard this afternoon. Had to dig it out from the soil; it was about half-buried.
10%20PM

I wonder what small child lost it, though?

Penny for scale—though I found that too, in the basement trashcan, stuck to a piece of tape.

As usual, apologies for lousy photo taken with old laptop.

11 Likes

It was reasonably soft.

The odor was not as intense as I remembered from my youth, but also it hadn’t been sitting in an open-air Bangkok market for who-knows-how-long. Being frozen previously might also have an effect. I had no clear recollection of the flavor, but my memory of the consistency, like cream cheese served on toilet paper, was about right.

The odor to me suggested things like pineapple and melon, and something else I could never put my finger on. The taste I thought was strongly reminiscent of cantaloupe, but exceedingly ripe and modified somewhat in the way of the inoculation of a smelly cheese. I won’t claim that it was 100% pleasant, and as for my father, well, you never know when he actually is into something or just enjoying the perversity.

Madam Mrs. The Ratel declared that it tasted like “dead-corpse-poopoo”, and that if she detected it on my breath later I was sleeping outside. Pointing out that I didn’t really know what any of those things tasted like failed to mollify her.

11 Likes

Seems to be a thing.

11 Likes

Hmmm. That’s a bit of a blow to my theory.

I hope.

4 Likes

Yes, no question. But still, I’m glad you enjoyed it!

3 Likes

Maybe that’s what it said? I just assumed it was a birthday balloon, but a get well soon balloon makes more sense!

5 Likes

Truly terrible (but hilarious) contextual advertising in the middle of a Washington Post story about an abusive ex-boyfriend found living in his ex’s attic. Gives me a tiny sparkle of hope that the AIs aren’t quite ready to take over and exterminate us yet.

The woman was able to get away and her abusive ex went to jail.

14 Likes

In the center, just above the buildings and treetops…

those silly planes have been playing tic tac toe again!

10 Likes

This sign is at the entrance to the Royal Gorge in Colorado. Not being used to weapons - let alone the idea of legally concealed firearms - I thought it was interesting. They didn’t frisk us, though, and halfway across the Royal Gorge Bridge I was kind of wishing for someone to just knock me out and drag me back to safety.

11 Likes

It does make me wonder what was happening on that bridge to warrant those signs. Selfies? Pistol dueling?

4 Likes

I don’t know about CO weapons laws, but in AZ there’s a sign like this in front of every business.

6 Likes

I’ve been there a few times. The last time was before the huge fire they had in that area. On that trip my youngest daughter went on the slingshot ride. It was terrifying for her, and for me as I watched her. When she got off, she was shaking, crying, and said she would LOVE to do it again. She’s weird.

Well, we are the West. A lot of old westerns were filmed in that area, at Buckskin Joe’s before they shut it down. And people around here that have guns really seem to enjoy having their guns.

As to why specifically they don’t allow guns on the bridge… I have no idea.

7 Likes

I like the "No Fishing from Bridge " sign that hangs at the halfway point.

4 Likes

My phone just started ringing…

21 Likes

New phone. Who dis?

4 Likes