If you suffer from cute aggression, a cow might be your pet of choice

Originally published at: If you suffer from cute aggression, a cow might be your pet of choice | Boing Boing

4 Likes

What’s cute aggression, anyway?

I always preferred the Spanish word nervio to describe that impulse. And yes, I can now see how cows could have a certain big juicy appeal in that regard.

3 Likes

:thinking:

7 Likes

The preferred pet isn’t rabbits? TV lied to me.

tenor

9 Likes

I view Lacie and Snow alll the time on IG! They’re the best!

5 Likes

Oh my God, there’s a term for it. How have I gone over 50 years without knowing that my experience is common enough to have a name?

9 Likes

i think it hasn’t had that name for that long

The term “cute aggression” was published widely in 2013

wikipedia also suggests “cosa”?

and this:

In Filipino, for example, the word gigil refers to “the gritting of teeth and the urge to pinch or squeeze something that is unbearably cute”.

Cat Kitten GIF by Demic

8 Likes

I often call both of my dogs George, even though that isn’t their name, because of that cartoon.

9 Likes

Yes! I had a strong suspicion as to what video would be in the post, and I was not disappointed.

2 Likes

Inspired by Lenny from Of Mice and Men, of course (a story involving both rabbits and a guy named George that is largely about “cute aggression” taken to tragic extremes).

7 Likes

OMG I know just what you mean!

I’ve said that very thing!

Let’s dial it back 10 or 15%!

2 Likes

so-fluffy

9 Likes

What a great video. I guess I might have issues trying to take an emotional support cow on to an aeroplane.

4 Likes

there’s an app for that:

( eta: i hear they’re udderly adorable )

5 Likes

Obviously this isn’t a pet buyer’s guide in any serious sense; but I’m compelled to note that people in proximity to cows can experience cute aggression in both directions; fairly frequently.

4 Likes

I don’t think my niece has “cute aggression” but she loves a dairy cow she raised while at K-State.

1 Like

A young woman came into my office the other week when we had both office dogs in (students hug them around exam times in particular. It’s gorgeous.) and she was saying that she wanted two dogs a cat … and a cow. We were like “a cow? Why?” And she started explaining about cows and we were “yes yes we know, but we want to know about your lived experience and why you love cows”. She told us a lovely story about her village in India and a particular couple of local cows who visit their friends every morning.

Cows are beautiful, beautiful beings. It would be amazing to meet cows on my morning walk like I meet dogs and their humans.

I’m silly I know.

6 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.