Ikea Börder Wåll

Ï have a solution:

4 Likes

this works even better with something like this

“LATIN CAPITAL LETTER U WITH DIAERESIS’ (U+00DC)”

all the screaming in the Unicode DB let “CAPITAL! DIARRHEA!” stand out like a sore thumb

3 Likes

No, but they may have Allen keys.
(for great pedantry, Allen ® keys are those made by the Apex Tool Group. If you didn’t buy yours from them, it’s just a hex key. Or an Unbrako key, or a zeta key. I suspect all Ikea ones are just random hex keys.)

5 Likes

Shouldn’t that be an Ikea cubicle wall? I mean we’re all into cubicles now, aren’t we?

Of course the open plan is straight out.

2 Likes

In the context of this story do not confuse a zeta key with a Zetas variety.

2 Likes

On a side note, IKEA is adamantly against the Muslim band.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/about_ikea/newsitem/013017_IKEA_US_Immigration_Information

2 Likes

your link does not say anything about a band!

8 Likes

I am envious

you’ll probably like this interleaved press release (only German, though), if I don’t misjudge you completely

6 Likes

Presumably the instructions are in English and Spanish.

Don’t they sound nice?

1 Like

You’re kidding, right?

1 Like

The Acme Corporation has a sad.

2 Likes

Needs more orange.

3 Likes

The wall looks like something Ikea says you need to anchor to a wall.

6 Likes

You mean

1 Like

And Trump’s going to put this guy in charge of assembling it:

7 Likes

Well, in the early 17th century, various branches of the House of Vasa controlled Sweden, the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, large swaths of Northern Germany, and even, for a while, Muscovie. My understanding is that, after the death of Gustavus Adolphus, all branches of the family were using IKEA Börder Wåll kits and HJÜRL siege artillery to save money in their perennial wars. Within 30 years, the House of Vasa was no more.

Coinky-dink?

I think not.

Something to bear in mind the next time you contemplate the purchase of a Billy bookcase…

3 Likes

How long before the Börder Wåll gets recalled because of the tip-over hazard?

8 Likes

If the Mexicans are supposed to be building the wall, the instruction sheet will have to include Spanish.

They already thought of that one. That’s what makes devising IKEA assembly instructions a bit of a challenge. They are always pictorial only. The only words on the thing are the product name, and the IKEA logo.

So it won’t matter what language the crews speak…

2 Likes