Ilhan Omar takes out Boebert like the trash

I am grateful I was raised to be a decent human and not a deprived person who shamefully defecates & defiles the House of Representatives.

Is she talking about the incel-rectionist? Because to be fair, that’s a pretty low bar she’s setting—I mean I know that somebody did that but I’ve never thought “man I’m grateful that wasn’t me!” :joy:

2 Likes

I thought that I’d never be able to explain to my children, born after Bush 43, what a terrible president he was. It turned out to not be an issue.

4 Likes

Yeah, what’s the defecate bit? I assumed Omar is talkin shit, I mean, speaking metaphorically, but with other people these days pissing on someone on stage, and Boobert being what she’s like… did she actually shit on someone’s desk or something?

3 Likes

Boogert
Bogart
Yosemite Sal

4 Likes

Boebert might be depraved, but she’s not deprived. I’m guessing autocorrect, and that “defecate” was meant to be “deprecate”

3 Likes

Rarely as lucrative though.

I read it as a reference to the insurrectionists who … eh… did stuff in the Capitol:

6 Likes

Given her crazypants conspiracy theories woven in here, I’m guessing the campaign finance issues she’s attributing to others are imaginary too, unlike the ones she’s involved with…

It’s always projection. Gods, it’s so predictable, it’s a little uncanny.

Don’t forget MTG. Palin’s looking good in comparison these days.

The Republican party is hell-bent on proving there is no bottom.

Some pretty convincing arguments have been made that the whole Q fixation on Satanic pedophile rings is, if not simple projection, a desire by women to engage in denial that it’s the men in their lives, not some distant Satanic threat, that’s the actual danger to their children.

9 Likes

It is utterly impossible to take Boebert seriously. She’s like a cartoon Republican. I half expect her to pull an oversized mallet out of her pocket next.

2 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: Anti-Zionism and/versus Antisemitism

No. She still is not. Even by comparison.

10 Likes

I mean, she seemed like a dangerous, horrible idiot at the time - but now she just seems like a laughable, pathetic idiot, who disappeared from public view without making a ripple in the political ether beyond torpedoing McCain’s presidential bid. Which means, unlike the current crop of actually dangerous idiots, she at least did one good thing…

7 Likes

She’s a “dead woman walking” as a Congress member. Her district has been incorporated into a larger “predominately blue” one. Her chances of re-election are nil.

4 Likes

Really? Palin seems to have had a big impact on American politics from my vantage. There have been countless copycats and she dramatically shifted the bar of “acceptable” national candidates.

12 Likes

She’s already done some damage, though, especially if the stories about her leading “tours” of insurrectionists as part of the January 6th plotting are true.

I think any copying going on is superficial (and limited, given how many know-nothing Republican idiots are now in power that have no resemblance to her). Rather than being someone who was emulated, it seems pretty clear she was just an early example of a phenomenon that erupted into full bloom under Trump. The window of acceptable Republican candidates had been shifting for a while - but didn’t really need to do much shifting in the first place, and it’s more about the shifting of the electorate, which is due to the impact of Fox and Facebook on Republican voters.

3 Likes

I think she actually was and still is.

5 Likes

Sarah Palin awakened in a lot of people a yearning for a style of politics that they had never even realized they were hungry for. And boy, did they get more of it.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.