CNN shares yet another video of Colorado's Lauren Boebert doing her racist routine

Originally published at: CNN shares yet another video of Colorado's Lauren Boebert doing her racist routine | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Shocked Futurama GIF

21 Likes

19 Likes

Everybody used to expect some entertainment of crocodile shame or cursory apology from their leadership. Not anymore. This is who they are: Loud, proud racists.

23 Likes

36 Likes

Swiping that graphic, Papasan.

I look forward to the day that the stupid red hat of the 21st century is as reviled and forgotten as that stupid red armband from the mid-20th century. Good riddance to fascist pricks everywhere.

20 Likes

wish I had a nickel for every time some GOP political made comments like this to their constituency.

11 Likes

One thing that’s really making me mad about all this is that every time some Republican is asked about it, with a few exceptions, they reply with some version of, “Well what about the anti-Semitic comments Omar made? Is she going to apologize for those?” And the media just leaves it there, without following up to point out that Omar did apologize for her comments. And why did she apologize? Because Nancy Pelosi and the rest of the Democratic Party leadership jumped down her throat over those comments and she was forced to apologize or risk losing her committee assignments, which is what Kevin McCarthy and the Republican Party leadership should be doing here but refuse to.

25 Likes

Expel. MTG has also earned it for her hateful remarks. Waiting for McCarthy to do anything at all is pointless. These 2 do not represent us. They barely represent more than a handful of people. Is this how the US wants to be known, as allowing racists and bigots to serve in Congress? It’s a f**king disgrace.

12 Likes

Aaaaand she considers herself a good “christian”.

6 Likes

They got the whaaboutism from Mother Russia…

15 Likes

well, that’s just dumb.
(the box of rocks)

5 Likes

If the box fits…

4 Likes

And that they weren’t anti-Semitic. Criticism of Israel isn’t inherently anti-Semitic, and a majority of Israelis agree with that. It’s only the conservative dinosaurs.

16 Likes

be careful what you wish for…

6 Likes

Man, fuck Boebert and fuck McCarthy, too. He told Bobo The Clown to call up Omar, in order to try to make this all go away? What the F. did he think he was doing? I mean A) He was trying to put the onus of resolving the situation on Omar (I know that, when white people get racist, it’s usually people of color who are the ones asked to step up and resolve the situation, but this is ridiculous), and B) It’s not like this was a one-off gaff or she misspoke or made an accidental insult. This is who she is. She’s said worse, on the record. What’s she going to say, in person, to make it better? Nothing. The whole thing was just a further f-you to Omar while McCarthy tried to dodge responsibility.

9 Likes

Exactly this. Whataboutism is a pathetic, shallow defense typically used by any idiot/jerk/fascist that breaks the cardinal rule: two wrongs don’t make a right.

3 Likes

Yeah I didn’t want to get into that discussion. I can see an argument that the specific criticism she made drew allusions to negative stereotypes, which is why she, in her words, “apologize[d] unequivocally.”

4 Likes

Given the lady of taste and distinction we are talking about here; I suspect that airing a video of her doing something racist is closer to a free campaign ad than an expose.

10 Likes

My issue is mainly that Omar kept her comments entirely about the government of Israel and the roots of blind support for their policies. That has to be fair game. If she had crossed the line and commented on people or individuals, then that would be worthy of censure. But she didn’t.

From the NYT:

Critics of Israel say Ms. Omar has a point. In separate interviews on Monday, both Emily Mayer, the national coordinator of IfNotNow, a liberal Jewish group, and Yousef Munayyer, the director of the U.S. Campaign for Palestinian Rights, said Ms. Omar was forcing an important discussion in Washington.

It’s also a double-standard. The GQP gets kudos for their policies that nominally support Israel, but are, at their heart, anti-Semitic because they are driven by Evangelical beliefs that all Jews must be in Israel so that they can be destroyed in the apocalypse. It’s quite difficult to get more anti-Semitic than that!

12 Likes