Illinois gun shop raffles AR-15 rifle to benefit Orlando victims

[Read the post]

Iā€™m sure I wonā€™t be the only one to point out that the gun used in Orlando was a Sig Sauer MCX and not an AR-15.

Not that this matters one fucking bitā€¦

6 Likes

hey man, you know, like #notallAR15s

7 Likes

14 Likes

jackass gun nuts canā€™t even get the facts straight about which stupidly harmful and useless weapon is used.

Obtuse.

2 Likes

Actually, that would be the reporter. The owner never said it was the same gun used.

3 Likes

Please gun assholes, take a few days off.

4 Likes

If his shop gets burned down, Iā€™ll be sure to hold a raffle for gas cans in its honor.

10 Likes

Spendthrift.

2 Likes

Every Onion editor right now:

10 Likes

Why canā€™t it be BOTH issues? Itā€™s not as if they are comparative issues. Their Venn Diagram would only show the number of terrorist acts which included guns; a thin sliver of interstitial overlap there, right?

1 Like

So it is insensitive and in poor taste, but giving the dude the benefit of the doubt here. The gun already exists and someone is going to buy it. If he raises a few grand for the victims heā€™s doing a hell of a lot more than providing the typical ā€œhopes and prayersā€ that most of his brethren are providing. For that matter heā€™s giving a hell of a lot more than I was able to give to The Brady Campaign after the Orlando Shooting. Even if it is a shameless publicity stunt itā€™s not without benefit to people who need help.

2 Likes

A Colt AR-15 can be had for less than a third of the price of a Sig MCX. Which do you think a gun shop would rather give away?

When I saw the headline, I assumed southern Illinois, but McHenry makes just as much sense. I have a good friend from thereā€¦the stories he tells! Poorly regulated militias are well represented in those parts.

Pro-tip: talking about the distinction between an AR-15 versus a Sig MCX is only cool inside of Cabelaā€™s.

3 Likes

Iā€™m willing to bet the cause heā€™s giving other peopleā€™s money to would rather do without the money if it meant denying an asshole running a gun shop called ā€˜second Amendmentā€™ the chance to profit shamelessly from the death of 49 people.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.