I'm so old that

What ? Is it cold in here ?

What ?

6 Likes

Ah, yes, a youngster. How cute.

8 Likes

I was only referring to Ratel’s statement.

4 Likes

Hey! Bowling is TV worthy! Norm Duke kicked ass several days ago. So there!

:slight_smile:

PS: I’m so old I can (just barely) remember watching Space Angel, Crusader Rabbit and Colonel Bleep cartoons… so there!

4 Likes

My first record was a 45rpm yellow vinyl record that came with my GI Joe Astronaut figure AND his Mercury Space Capsule. The record played Mission Control/John Glenn talking back and forth. “Zero-G and I feel fine.” (Later, Glenn went from Zero-G to zero credibility, as far as I was concerned.)

Come back to this post on Thursday then read this: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

12 Likes

I suspect we are in a VERY small crowd that shares THAT particular memory. Guessing he had a TRS-80? (Not sure if Hammurabi was wide spread among brands of personal computers of the time).

1 Like

I did. And seed packets. I was young, but it taught me that I have zero sense for business, or urge to be a capitalist.

1 Like

When I was 9-ish, I got a little portable record player for Christmas, and a half-dozen albums:

Walt%20Disney%20Peter%20And%20The%20Wolf-287169

I have no idea why they chose the albums they did, I hadn’t asked for any of them and didn’t even know I was getting a record player, but I really enjoyed them all.

After getting the record player, I started checking albums out from the library. Pippi Longstocking story albums were among my favorites. Quite a few years back I tried to track them down with no success.

10 Likes

That, I’m afraid, I don’t remember.

1 Like

I had a good one the other day and I’m so old I forgot what it was so I’ll post this instead:
It was necessary to flip down the back license plate in order to put gas in the car, or in the case of a Volkswagen Beetle, pop the hood.

8 Likes

Speaking of cars, you reminded me:

12 Likes

Ah, the joy of renting a car in Europe, where manual transmission is the default.

4 Likes

I do remember Hammurabi, but I enjoyed Lemonade Stand more.

2 Likes

Much more fun driving in the mountains…

5 Likes

Or checking the coin return for the occasional free quarters and dimes!

10 Likes

Oh, I miss the no-draft so much! I wish we could still get them.

6 Likes

I’ll be honest, I hated those things. It’d be boiling hot in the VW and my father would say, “Just turn out the window!” and then it would be boiling hot with a hellacious noise and diesel fumes blasting into my face.

3 Likes

We had Beetles forever when I was a kid. I still have a 61 Beetle! The no draft was as close to AC as we could get!

2 Likes

Yeah…If the Moon Were Only 1 Pixel - A tediously accurate map of the solar system

1 Like

I’m so old I remember painting this on protest signs.

(As for a vent window, we still have a car with one of these.)

6 Likes