Immigration authorities detain Muhammad Ali, Jr. at Florida airport, demand to know if he's Muslim

I think the most bad-ass answer would be “I’m an American citizen, and a card-carrying member of the ACLU, so if you’re going to ask me that, then I should ask you if you want to spend time in court answering a lot more questions.”

21 Likes

Ali Sr. had his own well-known differences with the authorities (draft resistance.) The FBI definitely had a thick file on him; it wouldn’t surprise me if his name wound up on a watchlist and specifically targeted for “enhanced screening.”

Or maybe I’m overly optimistic in hoping “SOUNDS MOOSLIM” is just too dumb a justification for this.

16 Likes

Where did you get your name from?

Target?

10 Likes

It’s ok, they won’t need to hide. As long as they’re properly registered and wear their Trump™-brand Iron-on Muslim Identification Patch, they’ll have no reason to be afraid. Everyone will know they went through the Trump™-brand Most Extreme Vetting Elimination Challenge (TbMEVEC, for short), and thus know that they are in the presence of a 100% America-Permissible Trump™-brand Muslim Person (100APTbMP, for short).

(EDIT: I find humor to be helpful in the face of crippling depression. This shit is all sick.)

12 Likes

Also, they’ll be wearing a crescent and star upon thars.

(Dr. Seuss and dark humor go together like green eggs and ham.)

7 Likes

Well, that’s one way to get republicans to start considering background checks for gun purchases…

5 Likes

We are at war, get it WAR!

Americans are being targeted for deportation. Get Up and Stand Up against the tRump Fascism!

14 Likes

Which would still be a fucking outrage. So their famous family member had strong political convictions. If they are not suspects in an actual crime, they should not be fucked with. Even if they were accused of an actual crime, they should be fucked with according to due process.

Fuck.

15 Likes

Where did I get my name, Muhammad Ali?

From my father, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar!
From the duty-free shop!
From the same Crackerjack box your badge came from!

13 Likes

Of course it wouldn’t be any more excusable, but it would be slightly less stupid.

4 Likes

Reboot.

5 Likes

7 Likes

don’t forget that ice’s union supported him.

bush jr made an agency tailor made for racists. the republican congress mandated that a certain number of deportation cells (“beds”) be oçcupied at all times, and obama did nothing to stop it.

the fbi is known to have white supremacist infiltrators, comey and the ny bureau helped undermine clinton’s campaign while actively suppressing information about the trump campaign.

it’s really difficult to tell horse from cart.

14 Likes

Republic BIOS ERROR: Invalid checksum.

Please insert disk labeled “DESPOTIC BIOS (DISK 1 OF 0xDEADBEEF)” into drive (A) to load fail-safe defaults.

7 Likes

25 Likes

When you find yourself silently ticking off the bullet points in favor of an American Junta, you know you’ve long passed the point of no return.

14 Likes

His place of birth would be listed on his passport.

4 Likes

If I was behind them in line I would happily pronounce that if they were detaining strictly on religion then they should detain me as well, “We are all muslims!” (Hopefully others would follow, but even if not the time they spend on me is time they’re not spending on somebody else).

9 Likes

The more disturbing concern is how much harassment is happening that we don’t hear about because it’s not somebody famous.

26 Likes

What, the Cheney years weren’t bad enough?

:stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes