In 1990, Barbara Walters had no patience for Trump's B.S.

The thug has never worked a day in his life, and has never earned anything.

7 Likes

I agree. Which is why at this stage just stop focusing on what is irrelevant and focus on what IS relevant.

Him being a creepy racist conman.

1 Like

I’d say that his objective lack of the very traits he bragged about to win over the support of his base is pretty damn relevant.

9 Likes

After that, no one on Twitter is calling for Barbara Walters to run for president? Times are indeed changing.

1 Like
10 Likes

Or criminality, fraud, tax-dodging and shady dealing.

10 Likes

like I said…inheritance. :grin:

6 Likes

Yeah, someone smarter than I pointed out that if he had simply invested his inheritance in something more stable than his “gut” he’d be far wealthier than he claims to be (and almost certainly isn’t).

@gabe_oakes, don’t forget John Barron.

5 Likes

And even if you do, the things you know about other wealthy people will always keep some doors open. “Hey friend, I’m in hot water lately and need some help, like, you know, when I helped you with that affair with that girl that turned out to be an underage illegal immigrant. Yeah, 100 million will do. Thanks”.
I think there’s a point of no return in wealth where a rich cannot become poor, short of becoming self destructive.

7 Likes

“I’m an absolute believer in fidelity.”

Yeah…

8 Likes

And was Roy Cohn’s beard. Helping that cancer of a person is not forgivable.

7 Likes

And she was a “beard” for Roy Cohn

1 Like

So is paying taxes.

2 Likes

As is learning where he gets his money from and who he owes money to.

There are countless reasons why it’s in the public interest to have at least a basic overview of the President’s financial interests.

3 Likes

Thanks for the context. Ms. Walters could play him almost as well as Mr. Putin can!

2 Likes

I think there should be a new amendment requiring presidential candidates to have held elected office for at least 10 years before they can be nominated. It’s just common sense.

3 Likes

My only issue with codifying that into the constitution is defining what is an “elected office”. Should it be only those who have served as a congressman, senator or state governor?

It sounds nice in theory, but I don’t see it having much of a chance getting through the amendment process. It would be easier simply eliminating the electoral college, which itself might happen if enough states sign on the “national winner takes all” pact.

And don’t forget: When he was interviewed with his daughter, and they were asked what they had in common, he said “Sex.” Not only is he stupid and senile, he is a pervert.

2 Likes

I wonder if this interview took place around the time that Biff suddenly ghosted his toxic mentor when it was becoming clear to everyone in “polite society” in NYC that Cohn had AIDS. Baba Wawa would have definitely resented her long-time “fiance” being treated that way.

4 Likes

Clearly he has been singing this same tune all his life. Lie. Repeat. Lie. Repeat. Lie. I guess the repeated big lie theory works on enough people to get you elected. Step Right Up!

2 Likes