Louis C.K. breaks silence on Trump to call him a 'Gross Crook Dirty Rotten Lying Sack Of...'

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/04/louis-c-k-breaks-silence-on-t.html

4 Likes

Louis C.K. breaks silence on Trump to call him a ‘Gross Crook Dirty Rotten Lying Sack Of…’

Sack of what??

Don’t you Huey Lewis “Heart of Rock n Roll” me, damnit! I’ve been in suspense over what “that back beat rhythm kicks them in” since 1984.

18 Likes

Unfortunately the only way out of this mess is to see that guy in the crowd as the victim, even though he won and we’re the ones suffering.

3 Likes

I don’t get this. Like, at all. All this has been known about him for years. Everyone knows that far from being the success he paints himself as, he got to be a “billionaire” by moving numbers around, cheating his taxes and ripping off investors. For thirty-plus years people have known this about him.

How has he managed to convince people he’s anything but a crook?

21 Likes

You vastly overestimate what a 100 IQ means.

Also, you keep using that word, “everyone.” Perhaps you should change that to “everyone I know” and you will answer your own questions?

4 Likes

Louis C.K. breaks silence on Trump to call him a 'Gross Crook Dirty Rotten Lying Sack Of Shit.

FIFY

3 Likes

If you can get someone to take politics out of their minds for a moment, to look at Trump not as a Republican or Democrat, but as just some guy you’ve never even heard of, perhaps a traveling salesman who showed up at your door with a bunch of brushes or a vacuum cleaner, then it becomes a lot clearer that hits pitch is really just a con. People want to believe in bullshit, so if Trump says he’s a super smart genius who has all the solutions, then lays out a bunch of simplistic BS they buy into it. Obviously he was helped by years of right-wingers promoting counter-factual political rhetoric, but at some point people have to realize “hey, this vacuum cleaner is a piece of crap!”

11 Likes

He’s not “the victim.” At most he’s one among the many, many victims of the fascist he just put in power, and I’m not even sure I’m willing to concede that.

10 Likes

I’ve been reading a lot of Sinclair Lewis lately.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

8 Likes

I would buy a heirloom subscription to any mainstream newspaper that would change it’s masthead to “Trump’s just a gross, crook, dirty, rotten, lying sack of shit”

11 Likes

Huffington Post pretty much did this during the election, affixing to every article their contention that he was a lying sack of shit. Not much help, apparently.

1 Like

The song lost all credibility with me by lumping in Tulsa and Oklahoma City in with Austin, Seattle, and San Francisco.

4 Likes

Yes - with a smugness that said, between the lines, “How do you dumb fuckers not see this?”

3 Likes

This is the comment of the year.

5 Likes

"New York, New York, is the great garbage pile of western civilization.
Where else is the fact that people live like cockroaches cause for celebration?
When they play their music, ooh that modern music, they want to make a million bucks
’Cos everybody’s crawling to the top of the heap, and no one really gives a fuck."

Culturcide

1 Like

A friend of mine made an attempt to understand why Trump was beating everyone in the primaries and said “He’s the type of guy you’d like to have a beer with.”

So I imagined him sitting next to me at my favorite local bar and immediately recognized him as the annoying old retired loudmouth who’s there every afternoon yelling racist bullshit at the TV every time Obama appeared.

NO ONE wants to drink with that asshole.

19 Likes

It’s more than what a 100 IQ meant 50 years ago, which is more than a 100 IQ meant 50 years before that.

Besides that, the IQ tests I have taken didn’t involve working out if someone saying they would do something I though I wanted was lying. Not that I would have voted for ⊥rump, my political beliefs are just about the polar opposite of his.

I don’t think IQ is the problem here (at least not in this context. There are lots of WEIRD problems with it though.)

3 Likes

For anybody unaware of what @the_borderer is referring to here, see Psychology - Wikipedia.

5 Likes

I agree with you. I’m not sure if your question is rhetorical, I’m assuming it’s not.

Many folks look at it in a different way. They see a man who has been successful by continuously being busy with new endeavors. The breadth of the things he has been involved with impress them. Look at how many decades he’s been ‘in business’. Look at his attractive wife and the children they have had. Look at what he did for the Wollman Rink in NYC. And so on.

For some folks these things (some/all) means success. The stuff you describe is just ‘business’ or not as important to them. For others, the items you describe (and the list of many other reprehensible actions) are far more concerning.

Did you know, it’s hip to be square fuck bees? https://m.soundcloud.com/luigiblood/hip-to-fuck-bees-remastered