In bizarre robbery, bike thief lingers in garage to have loving chat with family dog (video)

Originally published at: In bizarre robbery, bike thief lingers in garage to have loving chat with family dog (video) | Boing Boing

4 Likes

I’m sure it’s not him, but he kind of sounds like TV chef Grant Crilly after smoking a giant doobie.

3 Likes

If someone is going commit crimes, I’d rather see that person loving on a doggo than the alternative. But someone needs to inform him that you can both love dogs and not be a criminal.

8 Likes

I think perhaps an already established familiarity here? Landscaper? Dog seemed conflicted when dude left with the loot.

4 Likes

I hate bike thieves as much as the next person who’s had a bike or bikes nicked, but maybe don’t leave your garage door open?

1 Like

No way they’re getting that bike back. That dude is a dead ringer for like 80% of the male population of San Diego.

4 Likes

Maybe don’t victim blame either though.

7 Likes

Some, especially older, garage door openers are easy to spoof. Search Mattel “Im me” toy and “open sesame” if you’re interested

4 Likes

Wait until they find the desiccated corpses of previous bicycle thieves who thought the dog was so cute that they were unable to leave and eventually died of dehydration.

7 Likes

Dog, you had one job… and that was to be adorable.

5 Likes

San Diego PD: The San Diego Police Department needs YOUR help in identifying a burglary suspect.

Dude, the suspect and the bike are in Tijuana already. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Did anyone think to ask the dog?

4 Likes

I Love You Dogs GIF by Disney

7 Likes
2 Likes

Loves dogs, contempt for people. I seem to remember someone else like that …

1 Like

Steal a bike. Snatch a bit of therapy.

6 Likes

Guy was all over that dog. Swab dog for non-family DNA in case it can come in handy later? :wink:

2 Likes

As pointed out above, they’re not going to catch this guy. But if they do, I’m picturing a police line-up involving the dog and it’s adorable. “This guy! I love playing with this guy! Hi hoomin!”

5 Likes

You’re FIRED!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.