In-browser emulator of Mac Plus running Mac OS System 7

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/03/06/in-browser-emulator-of-mac-plu.html

Cool. Can it run emulator software of its own? I want to run an Altair 8800 in my Apple //e in my Mac Plus in my Chrome for Windows browser that I run via BootCamp on my MacBook Air.

I dragged the system suitcase into the trash and rebooted. It broke (flashing “?” disk icon). Which means I’m actually really impressed.

IIRC, it wasn’t even MacOS back then - just System.

Yep. And System 7 wasn’t the version to pick 6.0.8 was better. Especially on the Plus.

any way to run Chrome or Firefox inside of that? …since there probably aren’t many exploits targeted at MacOS 7.

Finally, someone who understands that security through obscurity will work as long as we commit to it.

–sent from my infinite paper tape running BeOS–

If it can’t run Talking Moose I want no part of it.

Would have preferred System 7.5 on an SE/30, but I guess this will do.

I’m getting System 1.1.

Is anyone else getting that?

OMG! When I dragged the “Kid Pix” floppy icon to the trash, this floppy disk suddenly popped out of my computer’s 3.5" floppy drive*! Now that’s realistic!

System 7 on a Mac Plus is just a recipe for torture. Without 4 MB of RAM it was basically unusable. Even with 4MB it wasn’t great.

This is basically what I learned on back in 1985 or so. Today I make my living as a production designer with some of the skills that I taught myself back then. Thanks Apple, and thanks James Friend for the cool flashback.

I want to run an Altair 8800 in my Apple //e in my Mac Plus in my Chrome for Windows browser that I run via BootCamp on my MacBook Air.

I think that only works if you run Chrome under Plan 9. There’s probably a BootCamp loader for it somewhere…

Finally I can run my old Hypercard stacks.

Now I just have to get the virtual 3.5 inch drive to take my non-virtual 3.5 inch disks.

No Taskmaker?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.