In defamation case, Elon Musk will testify that "pedo guy" is a common South African phrase and not an accusation of pedophilia

Lex Luthor didn’t go for hair implants… so he’s got that going for him, which is nice.

7 Likes

I guess, he might be better than the current evil businessman president. But that’s a very low bar indeed.

6 Likes

As with the Zuck, Britain’s ability to compel obedience is not what it once was

1 Like

I can’t believe this hasn’t been posted yet:

2 Likes

Brainiac, however, did go for Lex Luthor hair implants:

2 Likes

“Also, it’s very common in South Africa to say “bet ya a signed dollar it’s true!” when people ask if I’m serious about using the common insult of ‘pedo guy’. It’s also very common in South Africa to hire detectives to try to prove someone’s a pedophile. We do this stuff all the time! Why so serious?”

3 Likes

Don’t hassle the Hoff.
Don’t muscle the Musk?

1 Like

IANAL, but as I understand it, US courts won’t enforce a foreign libel judgement unless (a) the foreign jurisdiction has protections for defendants similar to those provided by the 1st Amendment or (b) the case could also have theoretically been won in the US in spite of the 1st Amendment. So getting a win in England on the “pedo guy” comment would likely be a waste of time, as he’d likely have no way of getting Musk to pay up. The allegation that he married his wife when she was 12 is a different matter: but even there, an English court would find for Unsworth if Musk failed to prove the allegation true, whereas in the US the burden would be on Unsworth to prove it false (which tbh I wouldn’t have thought difficult).

1 Like

Or, you know, we’re not in a comic book and Elon Musk is just some slightly addled person who’s not mentally equipped to deal with the exalted position he’s ended up in. To me he’s an argument that permitting the existence of unaccountable billionaires can be almost as cruel to the billionaires as it is to the rest of us.

3 Likes

Isn’t that still Tony Stark?

5 Likes

Off topic, but I’m curious: is there a reason Stark is depicted as getting smashed on Canadian whisky in particular?

I don’t know. I guess you would have to ask John Romita Jr. I would have thought Tony Stark was more of a 50 year old single cask whiskey person, at least before he stopped drinking.

I have no idea what Musk is drinking, probably peyote absinthe or something.

3 Likes

I saw a YouTube video of a ferret “playing” with a kitten. It was pretty clear to me (and the ferret, and the kitten. Everyone except the person filming, in fact) that the ferret was actually hunting the kitten, and that if the human hadn’t been around to intervene, the kitten would totally have gotten eaten.

Did you forget what topic you were posting in?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.