In effort to boost ticket revenue, LA deploys even more confusing parking signs

Plus there was that time I waved at you, and you forgot to not wave back. I’ll never forget that day, Lefty.

1 Like

In fairness to Mr. Frauenfelder, there’s a lot more evidence for clickbaiting here than there is for his insanity.

Boingboing.net is the property of Happy Mutants LLC, a for-considerable-profit enterprise in which Frauenfelder is a partner. He’d be out of his mind not to clickbait, as long as clickbait leads to higher revenue, or so market doctrine would have us believe.

Always remember that you pay to BoingBoing what you pay to Facebook and Google, and for the same reasons, and the urge to expect better of them just melts away. It’s very soothing!

Probably develop the land that used to be used for car storage and make even more money off the tax revenue.

Lol probably!

I can’t speak for everyone, but I would rather just pay more in taxes than have to constantly be in a state of alert over these schemes to increase revenue. Parking tickets and speed traps lead to higher insurance costs, and perhaps your car getting “the boot” and towed.

(Yes yes, I know, ‘trimming budgets’ would help too, but then people complain about a lack of services.)

2 Likes

A slightly different take:

Also, this sounds interesting:

In addition, these signs have a tech upgrade as well. The new signage has Bluetooth beacons which can transmit data to nearby smartphones and connected vehicles.

No, the white zone is for immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the red zone.

1 Like

The red zone has always been for loading and unloading. There’s never stopping in a white zone.

Don’t tell me which zone is for stopping and which zone is for loading.

Listen Betty, don’t start up with your white zone shit again.

The red zone is for loading and unloading; therefore the red zone has always been for loading and unloading. I don’t want to stop in a white zone. And green zones are still worse. They’re too stupid for loading or unloading. Besides, they are green, which is such a beastly color. I’m so glad I’m in a red zone.

That’s true, and the rules are definitely overcomplicated in general, but do remember that this specific signage was created by a freelance citizen designer and adopted by popular demand.

I would be okay with the city rolling a critical hit to force me to pay a ticket. As long as I can roll a saving throw to try to get out of it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.