In "Marco" Better Call Saul's compelling first season ends

I think you’re right, but it still felt a bit strange to me. It wasn’t really all about Chuck, was it?

He seemed all season to genuinely care about doing good work, build a name for himself, be recognized for his skill and dedication, look respectable and successful to his clients and colleagues, impress Kim, ‘do the right thing’ and actually make money as a result of helping people instead of scamming them.

Was all of that Chuck-motivated and easily discarded with him out of the picture? I’m not convinced.

It’s simple really… while he feels good building a business by helping innocent and helpless old people it hardly pays the bills, therefore he no longer will refrain from ripping off greedy assholes like the Kettlemans as a matter of principle because “no one” appreciates it anyway. You must remember con artists almost always use their victim’s greed as an excuse. It’s almost like a modern Robin Hood kind of thing. It doesn’t mean he’s going to start ripping off the elderly. He can still help people that need it while helping himself as well. Rationalization is a MF.

4 Likes

I mean, if he rips off Kettleman-kin, that means he’ll have MORE time and energy to devote to elder law! He’ll “do even more good”!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.