In secret meeting 3 weeks ago, Intelligence Chairman told rich and powerful people to prepare for pandemic

Of course it f’ing did.

For f’ks sake insider trading takes place on the White House lawn these days. Look it up.

5 Likes

Thanks, just did! Spectacular story. So there was a tape, the guy got indicted, convicted and sentenced to 26 months.

In this case NPR has a tape, who here is going to call the SEC and what are they going to say?

1 Like

Don’t know and don’t really care. But if they wanted to have a secret convocation to discover what the rest of us had already worked out by looking at the news, good luck to them. It doesn’t commend them as experts, however (see first sentence).

1 Like

I work in financial services (20 years now) Insider trading ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY took place.

If you don’t think it did, then you don’t understand the reality of how those conversations go. If you believe it did but think it’s no big deal or there are bigger fish to fry, then you have no clue how harmful it is to our economy.

Either way have a nice day. I have jack shit else to say to you. Social distancing and all.

7 Likes

This. Fucking this this this. And the fact we have to even point it out makes me see a fucking droll.

3 Likes

yes, but this:

the whole point of government is that it can do things collectively that we can’t do individually.

i stocked up on groceries ( granted i work at a grocery store ), got money from the atm, made sure my gas tank was full, talked to friends and co-workers. but can i direct national testing, can i institute self-isolation for travellers, can i close public and private establishments?

only the government is empowered to do that. and that’s exactly what government is for.

so here’s a senator abdicating his job to make he and his friends richer at the expense of people’s actual lives.

he should go to jail for it. it’s like what martha stewart did ( years ago, now ) - only she’s wasn’t in government, and people didn’t die as a result.

12 Likes
6 Likes

Yep, and those are some pretty darn big differences.

6 Likes

That’s a very insightful analysis. I wonder how many of these people realize that they are actual monsters? That they’re living embodiments of our media stereotypes for the greedy heartless villain that everyone knows will be consumed by a horrible fate in the third act?

5 Likes

This is true. I was saying the same thing 3 weeks ago also. I am not telling rich SOBs one thing while telling the public something totally different, though, which is what was happening here.

9 Likes

For all his faults, Bezos is a very smart businessman. He has ongoing daily feedback on what’s happening in his business empire (Amazon, Whole Foods, Washington Post et al) and his other investments around the world. He listens to his experts on finance, supply chain, human resources and risk management, then modifies his existing action plans to protect himself and his wealth.

1 Like

wait, really? February 27? I got a call in January telling me to prepare. If “rich and powerful people” were anywhere close to being in the know, they’d have gotten that same call. The intelligence chairman would have gotten that call waaaaaaaaay before I did, likely in December. The real question is - why the LAG in response? Oh yeah, the markets…heh

1 Like

Why would that be questionable, when overall, Amazon stocks should be poised for a big spike (see WalMart stocks rising as more supplies are being hoarded - erm… purchased) as people “self-isolate” and order in?
Unless Mr. Bezos knows something about his own supply chains that common investors do not.

3 Likes

2 Likes

It is certainly plain as day to see the results of Mr. BEzos actions. Months before the ‘pandemic’ thing, the amazon shipping containers were stacked up on the port, 10 high, full of supplies from china. If that wasn’t the “buy” signal I dunno what was.

1 Like

The shitpile was a nice touch.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.