In social media rant, Trump declares that he is mentally stable and "like, really smart"

It’s true.

He got his head stuck in a microwave and the radiation gave him the proportional intelligence of a microwave touchscreen, his distinctive coloration and the traditional emotional stability associated with distinctively hued, radiation enhanced beings.

17 Likes

To make matters worse, this is what he came up with after more than a year of consideration (the issue was raised during the campaign and continually since then), and with assistance (people have pointed out that the punctuation is better than Trump’s and the words reflect his speaking style, suggesting he dictated it). Everything about this is deeply alarming.

12 Likes

You know, Donald, sometimes crap floats.

17 Likes

wasn’t there an episode of Castle where they figured out some guy was only pretending to be vegan but was actually bingeing on KFC and Whoppers because all the saturated fat lowered the density of his excrement to floatable?

1 Like

The delusional egomania is real.

19 Likes

Allow me to lip read: “Oh my dear sweet f!cking flying spaghetti monster… (audible groan)”

8 Likes

I must be, like, super duper genius. I’ve gotten through most of my life without 3 divorces or 4 bankruptcies.

What a loser.

21 Likes

Thank you for not capitalizing the specific epithet.

Classic Dunning Kruger effect.

14 Likes

Apparently illness or insanity must be necessary, but not sufficient.

2 Likes

His real-life comeback was pretty snazzy too.

52 Likes

He said “like, really smart…” because he knows if he said he was “really smart”, it would alienate people who aren’t so smart, themselves…

1 Like

I’ve often wondered if Trump was Pakled or Ferengi – now I know!
Pakled
Captain Grebnedlog: “We are smart!”

(Also: )
trump-b0db92be86eaec8a5d24d0bf938a8347

14 Likes

Scanning through the responses, I was stunned to see this wasn’t first up:

fredotweet2

21 Likes

This administration is like a version of the Godfather in which every character is Fredo.

22 Likes

his wording, is like, totally, the really really smartest. it speaks for itself.

man this guy really has a hardon for “crooked hillary”, he can’t seem to get off that ride even though it has stopped, everyone has gone home, and the park is closed.

as opposed to 100% of the states not mattering? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: that is actually much prefered to some people counting 2-4x as others. for anything federal all the people should count the same, for anything state level well that only counts the people in that state anyway. I’d prefer direct 1:1 voting power and proportional representation, you know, same as most free countries seem to have figured out.

No, it makes the election about the majority of the people, regardless of wherever they choose to live. Making city dwellers votes count less isn’t being more fair to country people. Popular vote seems to work most everywhere else, whereas our system is fucked. But the electoral seats don’t even represent the people in their own states fairly, it is the worst idea.

18 Likes

That’s actually the title to Red Scott/Ivan Hernandez’s Bunker Politics latest podcast: “Fredos Top to Bottom”.

But, sure, the Fredo list is long! Including, but not limited to: Trump himself, Jared, Ivanka, Pence, Scaramucci, Gorka, most of his Cabinet… Not sure where to place Bannon, since I don’t know what he did for 9 months (does anyone?)

Although, there are some other characters from the Godfather Universe lurking in there: I’d say Sessions is definitely a Barzini. Pence is like an evangelical Tom Hagen.

I think the distinction has to be made between those who are harming our country by whim and impulse (Trump and his Fredos) and those who are doing it intentionally and methodically (AG Sessions, EPA Chief Pruitt, OMB Mick Mulvaney, McConnell).

4 Likes

9 Likes

I guarantee his supporters aren’t losing sleep over it. The conviction with which they can justify and accept his behavior, even when it directly contradict things he’s said and done in the past or their own beliefs, is incredible. I occasionally interact with a few in person and it never ceases to amaze me how quickly and unironically they can excuse or ignore his flaws and bad behavior. This morning a Trump-supporting friend of a friend who has summarily excused and supported Trump’s behavior toward women called me a sexist for saying that Ivanka wasn’t qualified to run for president.

21 Likes

It’s like the backwards version of The Godfather where Fredo improbably rises up the ranks to become Godfather, and it’s America on the fishing boat getting shot in the back of the head by Neri while the rest of the world watches from the window.

6 Likes