In unsealed court papers, Weinstein suggested Jennifer Aniston should be killed for complaining about him

My guess would be shenanigans in Renaissance era Northern Italy. Those families running Milan, Florence and Venice were pretty crafty and violent. Machiavelli’s “The Prince” was written as a backhanded satire of autocratic behavior.

10 Likes

George RR Martin is a history buff, much like other fantasy writers…

19 Likes

Likewise, don’t worry. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

At least after the sentencing he can give up pretending to need that walker.

11 Likes

You almost make the case that hiring someone to kill someone isn’t very smart. Who knew?

9 Likes

Or the case that the high end reliable assassination market is underserved and someone should make a disruptive app for it.

19 Likes

There was that short lived body disposal/sausage maker app Grindrup

15 Likes

Oooo… going after America’s Sweetheart? Not a good l look there, Harvey…

2 Likes

Or find a suitable “crisscross”.

2 Likes

This is why the hiring needs to be anonymous and money placed in escrow until the job is complete.
You might want to rethink your hiring policies :wink:

8 Likes

Oh - so my comment was totally related to this post.

How unfortunate.

4 Likes

Look, contract killings are messy enough without involving a bunch of lawyers in the mix.

4 Likes

Does it involve blockchain?

Why yes it does.

6 Likes

10 Likes

Which is why I thought of those morally bankrupt ex-spies he hired. They seem like exactly the kind of group that, if they weren’t willing to do that kind of work themselves, would know someone who would…

Although I think he’d be in a better position to find someone than most non-organized-crime figures would. There are plenty of shady dudes who would love to have a Hollywood career who would literally kill to get it, and he’s in a position to know who they are…

I know it’s a bit of a leap from his having a whole support network of people willing to aid him in his serial sexual assaults to finding one guy willing to kill for him, but it also doesn’t feel like that much of a leap…

6 Likes

Facebook already exists.

1 Like

It’s still probably a bad idea to entrust your fortunes, your freedom and quite possibly your life to a person who has a proven track record of murdering people for money.

12 Likes

There is at least one more scenario:

1. You ask someone, they agree, then they subcontract it to a succession of idiots.
25 Likes

Are you kidding? He will cling to it to get softer treatment in prison.

2 Likes

In his current situation? Not really. Facing ruination and spending the rest of his life behind bars - if he COULD do it,he likely would have.

2 Likes