In which Laurie Penny comprehensively proves that she has Yiannopoulos's number

ill try to be clearer then.
In the event quoted you had a small [20?] of video editors hangers on’s, who retreated before that crowd.
this was both tactical and logical due to who they were ie video editors.

Next time people with training and willingness to fight, and it can be done. please look int attacks by golden dawn for instance in Greece.

that would be fine too. You hit on the core issue which is to ignore him.not add to the Streisand effect.
but its too late now.

It’s never too late.

That’s just more narrative driven bullshit.

(I am also advocating protesting, by the way. I mean to ignore him within that context.)

2 Likes

to keep the Milo bottle closed it is. that’s over. he could disappear at this point because the next round this year are going to be more extreme then last year.

I’m not trying to flame degrade, make fun of any one here.
im desperate that we find a way to contain the escalation but i think its too late.

all i ask is to look hard at what happened and plan for the future which is going to make this look tame.

no problem and good luck to you
hope your serious about taking that heads up.

The first result seems to be a Latino family.

In my search, which is pretty much the same as his, black and mixed black/white families start to show up in Row 5.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s so much sexual frustration as an inability to truly connect to women. I think there are men who manage to “get laid” who still don’t feel connection when they f*ck.

12 Likes

I think of the Sudanese.

1 Like

Again. Narrative driven stuff.

What do we want? Proper debate with opponents that respect truth and justice.

How do we get there?

Certainly not by framing the current situation as unalterably poisoned, from which there is no way to come back and necessitating extreme measures.

The extremist narrative is not going to be undermined by playing right into it!

1 Like

Sure they are. Sure. Whatever they want to believe.

Although being around young hot teen boys causes painful straightness in some types of people.

1 Like

There have been critiques of it going back about three weeks now – people have been preemptively dismissing it and treating Laurie like some kind of turncoat. It’s been disheartening.

It’s important not to accept or excuse the behavior of Milo and his ilk, but it does need to be understood, because while people are celebrating this week as his downfall, it almost certainly isn’t.

Silencing him treats the symptom rather than the disease and I guarantee the rash will flare up again soon.

1 Like

im hoping your right and will act as such.

but…
i think that escalation this year is now inevitable but i would still recommend responding with disciplined action

you only have to see the other comments threads and picture them converging this year to create a perfect storm of insanity.

I’m not American, just take an interest in the most powerful nation on earth, like probably many occupants of Earth do.

I will tell you that it is possible to have an informed debate with those political enemies you were at daggers with not so long ago.

If everyone keeps their heads, and marginalises the voices pandering to extremist or alarmist reactions, the situation may eventually be saved from partisan hands.

5 Likes

hear hear!!!

You edited your comment to add those links to other comments but I can’t tell why. Are they the correct comments?

sorry i don’t fallow what are you referring too?

i added other boing boing comment streams that reflected my point. did i f it up?

You linked to a comment from blaze_curry and another from tachin1 having first said:

I guess I just don’t see how those two comments contribute to the creation of a perfect storm of insanity.

1 Like

sorry my bad i was trying to link the whole thread topic
fixed now
I don’t live in the US [but have family there] but the problem is when america gets a cold Canada sneezes the next year, so im expecting to see similar events here late 2017 2018.

2 Likes

I’m not going to argue about whether deadly violence could erupt at protests (it has and it will again). My comments regarding that issue were more about whether this particular clown would be involved, not whether it could happen at all. I’m sure there are people who are actually revved up and willing to die for their fascist cause, but there are also tons who want to talk shit on the internet but would do anything to avoid being involved in actual violence where they could actually get hurt.

6 Likes

Oh ok.

To the best of knowledge, States having been trying to pass insane laws forever and I hate to be the one to say it but my only response to people shocked to find law enforcement and government agencies infiltrated by racists is

Situation normal, all fucked up.

5 Likes