Milo Yiannopolous plays the victim in Facebook tirade

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/27/milo-yiannopolous-plays-victim.html

3 Likes

I wonder if he really believes that?

13 Likes

Why give space to a human pile of garbage?

7 Likes

So we can all preen in front of the mirror of our own superiority?

11 Likes

Dude, I’d love it if you spend all your money on crabs and cocktails with loved ones! He should maybe think about his priorities in life.

8 Likes

Old grifters never die; they just fade away.

12 Likes

Superiority and victimhood at the very same time! That’s a rare and special kind of conservative. He reminds me of Ignatius J. Reilly.

10 Likes

Huh. I thought that Young America’s Foundation was paying for his tours and a fancy speakers fee, but apparently not. Weird since they’re fine with Robert Spencer. (The Islamophobe, not the Nazi)

Probably the Mercers then, which hurt when they cut him loose.

I thought Milo didn’t have feeling to hurt?

His “white privilege fund” is dissolved, took the money and ran.
https://opencorporates.com/companies/us_ca/C3941251

11 Likes

That is certainly a powerful motivating force. It’s why so many people have such an insatiable thirst for pedophiles; you get to feel decisively superior without putting even the smallest atom of your own moral credibility on the line.

Though, in defence of people who get riled about Milo Yiannopoulis et al., rather than rolling their eyes and moving on, we have lately had reason to think that you can’t always just ignore this kind of thing. Sometimes, like a misplaced particle of old seafood, it can get into an open sore in the fabric of civil society and lead to festering sepsis (by which I mean Turmp).

16 Likes

I think the complaints from his followers are interesting. The whole petulant “Well I’m following someone else now, bet you’re sorry now, huh?” vibe. The self-centered entitlement, the resentment. The overflow of adolescent feelings. You could clip these things out for use in a work of satire and you’d barely have to change them.

Edit: The related posts section points out “In which Laurie Penny comprehensively proves that she has Yiannopoulos’s number,” a piece I missed the first time around. As usual, Penny understood these emotional underpinnings (and quite a bit more besides) far better and sooner than I did. Recommended.

9 Likes

Oh him? I thought we had moved on.

13 Likes

It’s worth noting that the reason we only have a screenshot of this crybaby’s meltdown on Facebook* is because Mr. “Let My Words Stand for Themselves” later deleted it.

[* Twitter banned him, but Zuck’s keeping him around]

The best part is that, all that being true, telling him that they were following others was exactly what needled Milo most. Being told that his 15 minutes of fame are over is just about the worst thing this attention-seeking creep could hear.

10 Likes

I hear you, but I think it’s worth it because of this line:

Such a snowflake!

Pointing out the alt-right’s hypocritical use of this juvenile epithet is too much fun to pass up. Yes, I should probably try to be more mature, be the better person. Maybe in 2019. It’s been a rough couple of years and these fuckers have every little bit of criticism that can be mustered coming to them until they retreat back into the walls like the shameful little cockroaches and bed bugs that they are.

6 Likes

te13nor

8 Likes

We require new targets daily for our two minutes hate.

4 Likes

12 Likes

So, detailing how selfless he’s being and then complaining people don’t appreciate it enough? Getting a mixed message here…

7 Likes

Ignatius J. Reilly would have definitely voted trump

1 Like

Sounds like a whining fucking, right wing snow flake to me. Waaaaah!

2 Likes

egrobinson

2 Likes