Incoming Illinois Congresswoman Mary Miller praises Hitler's accumen

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/08/incoming-illinois-congresswoman-mary-miller-praises-hitlers-accumen.html

6 Likes

This is not just a random “children matter” type statement. This is about indoctrination into right wing ideology, the precise thing they always accuse “liberals” of doing. Let’s not forget the centrality of youth in the Nazi’s ideology and in the ideology of white supremacists today.

37 Likes

Jack Black:

Say Anything:

And of course the source code;

11 Likes

"Do I quote Dolly Parton on the point that the Children are our future?

I’m going to take a stab here…
this person was thinking about Whitney Houston singing Greatest Love of All
and thought, oh yeah but Dolly Parton wrote that song.

When really, that was I Will Always Love You that Dolly wrote. Greatest Love of All was originally done by George Benson, but he didn’t write it either.
Maybe there is a Dolly song that says I believe the children are our future, I dunno.

But either way, sure as hell don’t quote Hitler

11 Likes

version 1.0

11 Likes

35 Likes

MOMS FOR AMERICA

detroit-rock-city

14 Likes

Trying to put myself in the shoes of a person who gets elected to public office in America, and after Wednesday’s events, or ever, for that matter, thinks saying “Hitler was right about one thing” is a good idea. Nope. Not doing it

You would think not quoting Hitler would be an obvious thing

Why is this not as obvious as falling into the sun from space to her?

13 Likes

Rightwingers when a rightwing politician directly quotes and name-checks Hitler: “C’mon, you know what she meant.”

Rightwingers when politicians during a pandemic plainly request economic support for their suffering populace and creaking economy: “You know Economic Stimulus is secret Marxist code for drinking the blood of Christian babies, right!??!”

34 Likes

The remarks came on Tuesday. She was one of the voices riling up the mob that later attacked the Capitol.

28 Likes

12 Likes

Fuck Off Hitler

Come to think about it the movie JoJo Rabbit clearly illustrates the kinds of kids she wants.

Hug

21 Likes

My bad. This makes it even worse then :joy:

4 Likes

rory-shut-up-hitler

22 Likes

If they accuse us of doing anything, you can bet they are either already doing it or are about to. As it has been, so it shall be.

27 Likes

good idea yes GIF by Robert E Blackmon

22 Likes

Time to call in the Blues Brothers?

11 Likes

Seems to me it should be obvious to any politician that you really shouldn’t start out a sentence with "Well, Hitler was right about one thing. . . "

Unless of course it’s a dog whistle to other Nazis.

13 Likes

Unless it’s “Hitler was right about one thing… that Hitler needed a bullet in the brain.”

24 Likes

Especially when the sentiment can easily be quoted from so very many other sources. Like, I don’t know Hitler’s speeches well enough to quote him, and don’t know why you’d memorize or study them outside of looking for examples of dangerous rhetoric.

12 Likes