Incoming Illinois Congresswoman Mary Miller praises Hitler's accumen

I grew up a non Jew in a Jewish neighbourhood. The older Jewish neighbors all had the camp number tattoo’s. Mrs. Eison had tattoo from the camps, she tailored my school gray slacks so I looked like a British Rat Patrol agent.

edit… It’s mind blowing how someone can quote a genocidal dictator as a reliable source

Tell Gilbert Andy referred you… Greenstein Auto, Willowdale. ON.

4 Likes

Ding ding!

4 Likes

saying the stupid part out loud

2 Likes

It’s not that she’s stupid, it’s that she’s a fascist.

15 Likes

#whynotboth

4 Likes

Cuz the stupid part is irrelevant.

9 Likes

I think dismissing these people as stupid or crazy or whatever has been a large part of making this problem in the first place. If you believe someone is stupid, you’re not going to take them seriously. These people are in positions of power now and need to be taken seriously, or the problem will continue to grow.

And yes, she might well be stupid, but she firmly believes that “the liberals” are indoctrinating children away from her right wing world view. She’s suggesting that the right wing put that to a stop and not let them do so. This kind of language is straight out of the nazi playbook. She’s a congressperson. Spouting talking points from the nazi playbook. People elected her to office.

We need to take her and others like her seriously, or next time, there will be a better organized attack on congress that will succeed.

19 Likes

It is demonstrably possible to be a stupid fascist. So, why not both?

5 Likes

because in every other aspect of her life the thought is “Hitler did nothing wrong”…?

This is much like every instance of tRump or any other idiot repub saying the internal voice part out loud.

3 Likes

My point is that people don’t take “stupid” seriously, and we must take this seriously.

15 Likes

Agreed. For every dumbass dudebro who was cosplaying “rebel” on Wednesday, there was a masked military-like guy with flex-ties and a fucking agenda.

None of this shit is a joke to me; it’s all too deadly serious.

19 Likes

I know. I wish more took it seriously.

12 Likes

Certainly possible. But stupidity isn’t a prerequisite for evil and it behooves us not to conflate them IMHO.

11 Likes

Case in Point…the Black woman attacked in L.A. by the Trump crowd while the police simply observed.

13 Likes

My question is this: I heard this and immediately went to every source of sharing her rhetoric I could find and reported her for hate speech. Was that wrong?

Apparently the guy with the flex ties and sidearm is an ex Air force Lt. Colonel…

Lots of folks there with military ties.

11 Likes

1 Like

Just so.

If I needed such a quote, I would have used is…
“Give me the child for the first seven years and I will give you the man.”

Apparently this is not Ignatius Loyola, though it is often attributed to him. I had no idea Hitler had said something similar. It is not surprising, but it does show she studies her Hitler and can quote him, chapter and verse.

3 Likes

Yes! That’s a great point that’s almost always overlooked in this story. It either shows that, or that she hangs out with people who quote Hitler a lot.

Either way shows that her activities merit some close scrutiny.

9 Likes

My dad was a theologian for a while, and had a copy of Mein Kampf in with all the religious texts in his library. But you didn’t catch him going around quoting Hitler in his sermons.

10 Likes