Incredible photo shows $1 million car burned to a crisp inside its trailer

Oh, you must mean one of these:

I owned one. '75 Pacer X. Red.
That car needed a Four on the Floor. And a 4 barrel carb.
Even so, one of my faves.

Not all of us weirdos are MAGAts…
:crazy_face:

7 Likes

Sad that a concept car was lost…but actually, if Ford cared for it more they would have kept it. They certainly don’t keep EVERY concept car. But I wonder what happened to that Ford Mustang concept, which is VERY SIMILAR! THAT one seems like the one to keep for me, the Probe was a bit of superficial aerodynamic PR, but it turned out aerodynamics was not quite as important as we were led to believe. Furthermore, the Ford probe was just a reskinned Mazda 626, a quirky collaboration that did not really last.

Ended up as a Tesla.

3 Likes

I would daily drive that beauty. Goofy cars that admit they’re goofy are the best.

3 Likes

Those wheels are fantastic

1 Like

I always thought Pacers looked like pregnant Pintos. I loved that about them and really considered them cool cars! (Which may say a lot about my concepts of ‘cool.’)

I still sometimes see Pacers around Kenosha as they were built here at the long gone AMC plant. I didn’t know this little bit of trivia until today when I was looking up when the plant closed:

“On December 3, 1979, the last Pacer rolls off the assembly line at the American Motors Corporation (AMC) factory in Kenosha, Wisconsin.”

2 Likes

Some of them more pregnant than others?

(This was Aerosmith’s version of the Mirthmobile in Wayne’s World 2)

4 Likes

It might not happen to this car, but some (super valuable) cars are ‘restored’ from just a VIN plate attached to some rust.

That one actually sold for $1.9M
(Nice to see all the Autopian fans out in force :wink: )

1 Like

I happened to drive past the accident right when that trailer went up in flames. Flames! It was like a Jerry Bruckheimer explosion.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.