The luckiest getaway driver of all time

Originally published at: The luckiest getaway driver of all time | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Fake but well done

26 Likes

Shadows do not come close to matching the ones under real vehicles in the video. Trailer bed does not even flinch when the vehicle hits it, and I’m pretty sure that impact would have popped a tire.

GIF by VH1

33 Likes

26 Likes

That landing would have twisted one of the rear wheels right off!

12 Likes

Golden Girls Rose GIF by TV Land

8 Likes

Just like in the A-Team or CHiPs, there’s always a ramp in the right place or the wrong place at the right time.

10 Likes

4 Likes

And the entirety of Hazzard County was made of conveniently stacked hay-bales and partially deconstructed bridges.

25 Likes

And the alleyways in major American cities contain stacks of empty cardboard boxes.

19 Likes

The music really adds something - and gives it away, as it’s pure Bollywood physics at play there.

Also at least one of the tires clips right through the (apparent ghost) fence there.

10 Likes

The number plates - if I have interpreted the fuzzy digits correctly - suggest this was on the rather small island of Jersey. An island with very little divided dual carriageway. Haven’t managed to find the location on Google Maps. Maybe I’m wrong.

But if correct, well, I’m guessing the cops may have a clue where to find a G-Wagon - there can’t be that many on the island. Probably stolen, though. Or faked. :wink:

1 Like

I’d be curious how it was actually made.

1 Like
30 Likes

Well, yes, it is fake but the creator did take the time to make the trailer defect downward under the wagon and there are shadows too. Kinda half there because not truly realistic but hey, seen any Marvel movies lately? I say “good effort, keep at it and let’s see more”.

6 Likes

Interesting. I was guessing that at least the trailer was in the starting point.

3 Likes

Indeed, I assumed that the 4x4 was faked in; but I was willing to believe that the transporter and cop-car were real. :open_mouth:

4 Likes

I like the analysis that Bollywood films are just live-action anime. The comparison is almost perfect.

3 Likes

(Art by Bob Burden, from Flaming Carrot #11)

6 Likes

All drivers/owners of those ridiculous $130K faux-military Mercedes station wagons are criminals.

1 Like