Incredible video of car flying and flipping down San Francisco stairway

Beobert’s new woke alternative to Shooters?

Cool, 1st Edition D&D Artwork :+1:

3 Likes

Move over Shel Silverstein, this is the true The Giving Tree.

2 Likes

There’s no reason to continue to use that stereotype. Old men get confused and panicked too, and have slower hand/eye coordination and worse eyesight than when younger. Could even be a young driver who panicked. (N.B. I broke my wrist in an accident when a teenage driver panicked, so I know whereof I speak.)

6 Likes

IIRC luxury cars stolen in Britain get shipped to Thailand, because (a) Thailand is also a right hand drive/left hand traffic market and (b) Thai customs officers are corrupt and are either taking bribes from the importers or importing stolen cars themselves.

1 Like

It’s just an example. Young people also screw up and hit the wrong pedal, and sometimes something gets wedged into a pedal causing it to stick.

Someone could also be having a medical emergency.

My point was you can’t tell if someone is a carjacker or not purely from a weird accident.

This makes me wonder if there was a larger crime at play than just a simple carjacking: The face masks, the focus on time and timing, the willingness to leave someone behind.

I don’t know that simple joyriders would have gone through all that. These guys were fleeing something in a panic.

1 Like

My point was that your other examples were generic – drunk driver, someone texting and driving – but you didn’t say ‘someone who panicked and hit the wrong pedal’, you made it very specifically an old lady.

Can you at least acknowledge what I said, which was not about whether or not a carjacking was involved?

4 Likes

I hear flying cars are the future of personal transport. Looks like they’re off to a rough start.

2 Likes

A real credit to something or other that more people don’t decide to just turn around in midair a bit after the END. Oh I’m familiar with this, it’s Use After Freeway [grabs mouselike shifter moiety.]

Also the trees really took the sting out, though not so overwhelmingly that they gently glided the car back onto an upper way rather than topple and crack. Next video we might see the masked felon gently patting the cliff and buildings and trees back into place before righting their car and gently explaining to their Apple devices that nothing at all has happened.

2 Likes

I’ll take cars that were probably in Initial D for 400 Miss Biyalik?

4 Likes

Fair point. I’ll change it.

1 Like

I agree but in this case the article says the driver chose to wear a black balaclava. I’m not going near anyone who feels the need to drive around SF with a balaclava on. If I want to play GTA I’ll play it as a video game.

These guys could easily have decided to carjack someone else to assist their getaway.

As you’re pointing out, it’s nearly impossible.

Yes to both. Here’s two crime situations where they had a car (presumably stolen), wearing balaclavas, and they did a ramming attack on a jewelry store in California. Another recent case in LA of using a stolen van to ram a Chanel store. I would stay away from such situations!

Fake temporary plates are easily available these days, so they might be able to drive it around for a while like that.

I have literally zero sympathy for carjackers. I would be running, not filming.

Absolutely… until you see the guy is wearing a balaclava and then there’s only one reason: “the guy had a full face mask, all black, dressed in black”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.