Incredible video of space station flying in front of the moon

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/12/incredible-video-of-space-stat.html

11 Likes

Very cool! If I lived in the country I would probably buy a nice telescope setup, nothing too fancy, but I do love looking up! Alas, I live in very light-polluted Baltimore City. Hopefully someday I’ll have a country place.

5 Likes

Nice!

6 Likes

This truely is a wonderful thing!

11 Likes

We’ll see you on* the known side of the moon!

*or, at least, in front of

4 Likes

You can tell that’s a sound stage in Burbank. I heard it on InfoWars.

11 Likes

The is very credible.

The simple explanation is that there is a human made object up in space and that a person used a computer controlled telescope to make this recording.

For others this is truly incredible. The explanation for flat Earthers in the U.S. is that all but a small percentage (≤2%) are not part of a conspiracy, willing or otherwise duped, into think that we have a human made object in low Earth orbit. Some would argue that the world’s governments flew a transparent balloon with a model in front of small object called “the moon”. Others would believe that this person is just another cog in the disinformation conspiracy. There will be other arguments against this being credible, but they will all agree that the simple explanation is truly incredible.

6 Likes

That’s no moon, it’s a space station.

The thing behind it is a moon though.

Really, I would have hoped this was obvious.

16 Likes

Future Shock is a bitch!

1 Like

That’s some shit hot flying, just grazing the surface of the moon like that. Who was piloting it at the time?

8 Likes

Looks like a six pack of beer, only faster.

9 Likes

To capture those images with that Dobs is pretty dang impressive.

6 Likes

The conspiracy people didn’t like this one either:

6 Likes

Flat Earthers don’t exist. Try to prove that they do. All you will find is a bunch of people who “say” they exist but no real, hard evidence of their existence. Kinda like Bigfoot.

7 Likes

I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, they’re not much bigger than two meters.

7 Likes

Nice synergy with today’s Astronomy Picture of the Day.

2 Likes

Challenge accepted!

12 Likes

Traffic was a mess that day, and no parking anywhere.

2 Likes

The gif needs a “YEEE-haaaaaaa!”

5 Likes

How many miles is the ISS from the moon? I’d be nervous being that close, looking at the picture.

1 Like