India: Worst mass violence in Delhi in decades kills 13 during Trump visit

Funnily enough, that strain of Hindutva seems to be really popular among Indians working in the US. I was surprised to learn that the RSS has, not one, but three chapters in the Portland metro area alone.

6 Likes

I assume that they are intended as symbols of the ideal news media.

5 Likes

I get that this was a huge problem in India already, but it’s almost like tRump is some sort of god of bigotry and intolerance.

Whatever soil he stains with his presence suffers division and intolerance.

15 Likes

The monkeys are expressions of truth- not evil- to these 3 assholes.

Hear no truth, see no truth, speak no truth.

7 Likes

So, no “true” Hindu would do this? These non-true Hindus need to talk to the non-true Christians and non-true Scotsmen and hash all this out.

8 Likes
2 Likes

P.S. Narendra Modi is a down to earth man of the people, so of course he has a suit with pinstripes composed of his own name. (This is a reply to a tweet of Hosni Mubarak wearing such a suit.)

6 Likes

Everything he touches…

3 Likes

It is true, many/most religions and belief systems have adherents that fail to live up to the basic teachings that their belief systems make quite clear. Whether or not you choose to use the word “true XYZ” to describe them or not is up to you – I did not use that term, you did.

1 Like

Awww. They’re just trying to make him feel at home, y’know.

1 Like

Like a bucket of blood in a shark tank.

3 Likes

I heard this on NPR this morning and had two simultaneous thoughts:

1. 45 spreads shit everywhere he goes
  2. 75+ years later, Hitler can claim victory; Nazism won in the end
5 Likes

It’s not over yet.

8 Likes

Perhaps he’s a conner mcgregor fan.

No, that’s not an endorsement, of either.

1 Like

It was in place during Japanese internment too. A constitution is only as real as its enforcement and I honestly don’t see any evidence that we have a judiciary and congress that will put aside their partisan interests to uphold the rule of law or the black letter constitution.

6 Likes

27 posts were split to a new topic: American Genocide

He might have studied that in school, but he is a devotee of Hindutva, a bigoted, proto-fascist, profoundly anti-democratic, Hindu nationalist ideology.

3 Likes

Following up…

10 Likes

Is that a hopeful, “It’s not over yet?” Or a pessimistic one? It could go either way…

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.