Insane ping pong ball trick shots

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/04/insane-ping-pong-ball-trick-sh.html

2 Likes

Thank goodness we live in a late capitalist industrial paradise with its vast surpluses of time and wealth that these dudes can invest in the intricacies of throwing little celluloid balls.

5 Likes

Interesting but just too annoying to watch those Bros. I’d be more engaged if they were stoic and dressed like Kraftwerk.

18 Likes

No balls were harmed in this endeavor.

1 Like

But they had to be taken to the ER 5 times for scrotum injuries . . .

2 Likes

I never thought so much dudery could be contained in just one video!

5 Likes

Oh I can’t possibly watch this. The urge to punch that guy in the chops is overwhelming!

2 Likes

The video would be much more enjoyable if the guy would just stfu.

3 Likes

Yup, better mute the vid when watching.
The piano was a nice touch, though.

That staircase scene required Petabytes of footage.

“Der Lauf Der Dinge” from 1987 is the antidote to this annoying dudebro voiceover. The woman who showed it to me was into “Objektteater” in which she used to film crafted objects interacting like characters in a silent film, with no humans whatsoever. Oddly restful.
Here’s a preview:

She showed it to me on VHS (!) when I was visiting Berlin in the 1990s & had just heard long distance (by airmail!) about the death of a friend. It was the very definition of a unicorn chaser.
3 Likes

The Patience Productions people did it so much better (in particular, so much less annoyingly).

2 Likes

We need Captain Disillusion to vet this. The airplane shot looks fishy, especially in slo mo.

1 Like

You’re in luck, friendo!

5 Likes

For those not inclined to watch the video:

Dude Bros actually do their shots through a combination of skill, practice, patience, and numerous takes. (In fact, their reactions to the shots make a lot more sense when you imagine 10-100 failed attempts happening before they make it!)

3 Likes

Dude, you’re a Boing Boing forum mod. It is way too late to lament the numbing proliferation of internet trivialities.

I think you are misreading my badge. But yes, I did take the time to watch the video and I too am deeply implicated in internet trivialities. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.