Inside a San Francisco basement where the weirdest VHS tapes are archived and honored

Originally published at: Inside a San Francisco basement where the weirdest VHS tapes are archived and honored | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Here’s hoping they have “Gore-met Zombie Chef from Hell”. I tried to check, but since it’s on Facebook Jr. I could only scroll down a few lines before it demanded a login. God, I wish places like this would go back to having their own websites.

6 Likes

If you enjoy vhs oddities and ephemera like this, I highly recommend EXP TV:

It’s been featured on BB before and is the cream of the crop of a many-year manual curation of rare and interesting vhs tapes.

I’m a web dev and I did a bit of work on it just because it was so unique and interesting.

4 Likes

I feel like if the experience (or nostalgia) is the point then obviously you need to be watching your obscure VHS on something like a 32" Sony Trinitron so you can bask in that sweet CRT beam glow.

Maybe on day I’ll own an OLED tv and once again be able to enjoy black as black…

“I love this sort of romantic idea of watching a movie that you’re only going to be able to see this one time, this one way, forever,” he said.

The new generation doesn’t understand that “rewind” refers to the physical spools of magnetic media.
Be kind, please rewind. Then you can watch it again!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.