Inside Hong Kong's insanely cramped and illegal "coffin homes"

I was really struck by the photo on NG’s site with the food prep right next to the toilet (across from the washing machine.) Not so much by how close the food was to the toilet but that in that cramped space they were preparing REAL food.

It gave me a sense that that person was a fighter and had their dignity in a place that would crush me into giving up. I might just be projecting my thoughts onto someone in a totally different country and culture, but that’s what it made me think.

3 Likes

The ad networks are sleazy and careless enough that the staff has established a dedicated thread to discuss and alert them to crappy ads:

2 Likes

Yup.

Sorry folks, we’re working with our ad partners to find and nuke that troublesome ad. It’ll be gone the second we can do so.

3 Likes

Yes, and it makes me crazy. It seems to be sporadic though? It was happening last night, but not today.

No, it isn’t. It generally revolves around eliminating or reducing acreage requirements rather than living space requirements.

1 Like

Nope.
When using a tablet or phone, try Brave for a browser.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.