Insomnia is one of the evil villains in this new Netflix post-apocalyptic thriller

Originally published at: Insomnia is one of the evil villains in this new Netflix post-apocalyptic thriller | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Post-apocalyptic thrillers have been done! Why doesn’t anyone make any post-post-apocalyptic thrillers?

5 Likes

Yeah, I was kind of digging the premise of this one as well. I’ll definitely check it out.

1 Like

Walkaway has some of that feel to me, but I’d love to see more of it from different perspectives and with different approaches. Also, I guess Star Trek fits that description pretty well, being a “long after multiple apocalypses” story.

3 Likes

Carla, I like that your numbering system of boxes this movie ticks for you looks like it runs 1; square root of 2; square root of 3 :grinning: If you had a 4th reason I guess it would be square root of 4, or simply number 2.

1 Like

post-post-apocalyptic thrillers?

We’re living one. RIGHT NOW!

7 Likes

I just wish they had cast a more handsome actor for my role.

3 Likes

Re-read that contract, you’ll find the answer.

2 Likes

Fine Print Terms And Conditions GIF by Satish Gaire

2 Likes

With movies like this, just tell me “it’s good.” Don’t tell me the hook, ok?

2 Likes

This is the plot from Charlie Huston’s 2010 novel “Sleepless”.

2 Likes

The Hunger Games series is one example of a society that has rebuilt itself (into a new kind of dystopia) in the decades or centuries after some kind of apocalyptic war.

I guess Demolition Man kind of counts too since it takes place a generation or two after California was reduced to a crime-and-earthquake-ravaged hellscape.

3 Likes

rosebud was his sled

2 Likes

Was hoping that was the sequel of Sleepless by Dario Argento. Or at least having the Goblin group making the soundtrack.

1 Like

I can save the world in my sleep!

2 Likes

For insomnia movies, may I recommend Fight Club, The Babadook, and Insomnia. We await, of course, the MCU Netflix series.

Also, Delicatessen, Six-String Samurai, and The Dark Backward take place in 1950s post-post-apocalypse.

1 Like

Children of Men, but with insomnia instead of infertility.

1 Like

1 Like

Isn’t that the Planet of the Apes series?

Also Horizon Zero Dawn

But in a literal sense, the game RAD which cracks me up as a premise because the ruins you explore are exactly if the Fallout universe had an apocalypse - two levels of civilization unromantically jammed on top of each other

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.