Instagram ads are the new SkyMall

Originally published at: Instagram ads are the new SkyMall | Boing Boing

3 Likes

For those here who never read a SkyMall catalogue and who don’t have an Instagram account, StackSocial delivers a taste of this silly dreck via the BB Store posts.

48 Likes

http://www.kasperhauser.com/skymaul_site/html/home.html

7 Likes

It’s not a matter of how often you use Facebook, it’s a matter of how often Facebook uses you!

15 Likes

And there was a brief, glorious moment when bOing bOing allowed comments on the store posts. It was like finding a SkyMall catalog that had already been defaced by a very clever teenager.

29 Likes

And up to 97% off!

(Really.)

5 Likes

Instagram ads are the new SkyMallScam

FIFY

5 Likes

The two new posts this morning:

1. Instagram posts weird gadget ads
  2. A weird gadget ad
4 Likes

Came here to say this.

5 Likes

Please do not besmirch the good name of the BB store. They deliver only the toppest quality products on massive discount and training programs worth tens of thousands of dollars for only $19.95. they are doing grand works!

/s

10 Likes

I’m getting old. I thought they were the new Sharper Image.

7 Likes

Difference is, occasionally Sharper Image had a useful product. The last useful product I bought here was the aluminum super dooper pooper scooper.

4 Likes

That period lasted a surprisingly long time. I didn’t even notice it had ended. The irony being I no longer see the"advertorial"/ “native” ads at all because I always browse from the BBS rather than the sometimes literally unreadable main page.

7 Likes

It is to their detriment that they don’t allow comments. Recently they had canine toothbrushes that fit over the wearers fingers. They’ll probably sell a few, but I was going to suggest they re-market as sex toys. That might be the bigger market in this case. Happy brushing!

8 Likes

Came here for essentially this comment, was not disappointed. I’m fairly shocked that BoingBoing would post something that so obviously invites this kind of abuse, since they apparently couldn’t handle the continual mockery and valid criticism in the comments for store posts and finally turned them off. No self-awareness at all.

7 Likes

I must admit I am gutted that comments are no longer allowed on the BB Store - the snark and wit in the comments brightened many a dreary day,

14 Likes

I too miss the comments on the BB Store. It made the posts worth clicking on.

6 Likes

Instagram and Sky Mall are plebeian compared to the unbelievably good BoingBoing Store offers. Did Sky Mall ever offer you a lifetime subscription to 35 hours of video instruction on how to roll your own crypto currency, all for 97.5% off? I thought not.

I’ll miss seeing the incredible BoingBoing Store deals here in the BBS.

4 Likes

shhhhhhh! they’ll hear you

4 Likes

Naaah…
Well, maybe on Rob’s watch.

elfears2

2 Likes