Instagram was down for an hour on Thursday for some users

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/06/13/instagram-and-playstation-were.html

PlayStation Network was also down for a while on Thursday.

1 Like

14 Likes

Zukerberg must be flogging the sysadmins pretty hard to scrub those messages that the FTC is looking for.

8 Likes

2 Likes

I really don’t see why this is newsworthy. Maybe if it was a 24-hour outage. Hell, even an eight-hour outage. But a one-hour outage for some people? Why should I care? If there’s anything notable about this incident, it’s that there are way too many people who can’t deal with having no access to Instagram for just an hour, and that is ridiculously sad.

10 Likes

ZOMG! ZOMG! ZOMG!

Wait, what is Instagram again? And does my ignorance mean I’m not a millennial, or not a baby boomer?

1 Like

Maybe this?

4 Likes

Cyanide%20and%20Happiness%20-%20Instagram

4 Likes

Agreed, although as a de facto sysadmin for a bunch of websites I take some small pleasure in knowing that downtime can happen to even the biggest.

2 Likes

For a full hour? Those monsters. I hope the class action lawsuit for negligent infliction of emotional distress bankrupts the bastards. At the very least, safety measures must be put in place so that no one should ever have to experience this kind of pain again.

Too bad it wasn’t down in a circle of hell from which it could never emerge.

#theinterwebsisbreaking

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.