Internal memo proves Fox News knew they were spreading disinformation about Ukraine — especially Hannity

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/10/internal-memo-proves-fox-news.html

2 Likes

27 Likes

Well, well, well. I hope there are some congressional subpoenas in the future of these bastards.

Hannity, at least, can’t claim executive privilege. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

This time we’ve got 'em.

19 Likes

“…Fox News knew they were spreading disinformation…”

So, the Fox News business plan? Propaganda all day, 365.

14 Likes

Legally he’s not allowed to. And yet, I suspect if he called in this favor, it’d probably pan out in his favor.

5 Likes

I assume these guys know exactly where the lines are they can’t cross in order to avoid lawsuits, but I expect it may only be a matter of time before someone nails them. Hannity already got shut down for promoting the Seth Rich conspiracy theories (and there was a lawsuit involved in that though I’m not sure of the outcome.)

2 Likes

it’s now being taken out of context and politicized to damage the network

So we’re reading it wrong. Like we misread that other thing that wasn’t a transcript, according to certain liars.

4 Likes

I guess it is a little refreshing that internally they are calling out SOME of their bullshit?

5 Likes

FTFY. I hope you’re right, but it’s 2020 and I have no faith in anything anymore.

3 Likes

(Yeah, “shut down” is not the ideal description, he was basically told to shut up about that one thing and moved on to other BS.)

2 Likes

How much longer until Murdoch dies of natural causes, and hopefully his influence too?

2 Likes

Essentially never. The second generation of sociopaths are the ones who really polish the gem (see also; fred => donald)

5 Likes

john-oliver-WE-GOT-HIM

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.