International Olympic Committee bans GIFs

do they understand how the internet works? do they understand what happens when you poke it with a stick?

12 Likes

I may have to finally learn to make GIFs just to pile on.

6 Likes

Just being a troll, but how about we start a petition to rename the event to AllLimpDicks?

On second thought, not a cool idea. That labels the athletes, its the IOC I want to troll
3 Likes

Watch out, IOC. I have AfterEffects and I know (basically) how to use it.

4 Likes

Actually on second thought, Screw this Olympics! I’ll post Animalympics GIF’s instead.

22 Likes

No. Give them exactly what they want and don’t mention their international sports event ever again. Encourage other people to not talk about it and talk about other sports competitions instead.

So, who do you think will win the Northern Premier League next season? I’d say Workington, but I’m biased.

17 Likes

the UEFA is not really better than the IOC - do you have to select football as preferable?

3 Likes

I’d be a lot more ok with the Olympics gold digging ways if they shared some of the take with the athletes who generate 100% of the content that is sliced up, sold and jealously guarded.

How about a million bucks to go along with that gold medal?

6 Likes

FIFA and UEFA forget about the existence of non-league football once they have their cut of money. But there are other sports.

Not rugby league though, Murdoch has control over them, and that’s worse than anything UEFA can manage.

5 Likes

Hello Internets, yes this is Babs calling for the IOC…

(repeat, I know - just… so… fitting!)

17 Likes

pants heavily

RAGE BUILDING!

4 Likes

The IOC has already gone after:
. Crafters on the knit/crochet social media site Ravelry, for creating the Ravelympics – a challenge in which one must start, work on, and complete a knitting or crochet project while watching the Olympics.
. Various restaurants and businesses, mostly run by people proud of their Greek heritage, which had the word “Olympic” in the name. Some of these businesses had been using the name for decades.
. People using “official” Olympic hashtags on Twitter. Only officially sanctioned news outlets are allowed to use the hashtags. Not sure what happens if an ordinary citizen RTs a sanctioned outlet using a restricted hashtag.

In short, the IOC is f***ing clueless.

29 Likes

You want to know something that might just throw some wood on this dumpster fire for you?

You are the one who pays them when they win a medal. National governments, including the US and Canada give their athletes monetary awards for winning medals. I believe the US pays $25,000 to each gold medalist.

11 Likes

I’ve nothing against the athletes; they are amateurs, after all, so why shouldn’t their governments give them a fairly paltry reward for doing well in an international event?

It’s the Olympics as an organization that has outgrown its usefulness, and is now a floating, parasitic blight upon humanity. They should be reviled, and their parasitic ways.

13 Likes

BPG supports animation, but it seems like that’s probably covered by their blanket ban.

I like obscure formats, okay?

5 Likes

I’ve just stopped caring about Olympics, otherwise I might actually be annoyed at this.

1 Like

I read this as “BGP supports animation” and was very confused

3 Likes

12 Likes

Surely the act of isolating a short section of footage & automatically repeating it is a transformative work protected under fair use?

(I’m a back yard lawyer who got a 3rd at the School Of Life)

8 Likes

That’s the spirit!

1 Like