International Olympic Committee bans GIFs

Unofficial coverage of the trainwreck currently unfolding in Rio:

2 Likes

How about this Olympic event?

5 Likes

From now on I’m just going to pretend that the Olympics ended when Jesse Owens defeated Hitler.

13 Likes

This doesnt bother them. Not enough gassing and rubber bulleting of civilians to be confused with the actual Rio Olympic torch.

2 Likes

There goes my hi-de-ho poop floating past a rowing team gif.

2 Likes

I actually met another human being at work today who espouses my ‘Nationalise the Premier League, cap their wages and set up catchment areas’ plan. I was amazed.

2 Likes

I suppose if the IOC put even a fraction of their corporate effort into ensuring the games worked out well for the athletes and hosts, I’d be more inclined to give a shit about their copy-“rights”

2 Likes

Make them work in other jobs during the week. It could be just like the Northern Premier League. Put Jamie Vardy in a chip shop. Make Harry Kane work in the local Tesco. Wayne Rooney should be in the Fire Brigade.

Are we really only a week away from Gary Lineker going on MotD in his underpants?

3 Likes

Sad part is that most of the assholes making money here have already done so. Making everyone hate the Olympics at this point will hurt the athletes disproportionately.

5 Likes

There are athletes and then there are athletes.

1 Like

There’s a bot trolling as “official_rule40” on twitter. It’s amazing.

https://twitter.com/official_rule40

3 Likes

They forbade WebM too! Use WebM (probably!) Is that against twitpic rules or something? Aaaaa!

Yeah check, rules only for tools (media paying the 1/400th NBC fee, still more than plain ticket schedule.)
Only people go.
Why?
As amateurs they get to hop in next and say ‘oh, -now- I can do that, see? Best time!’ Heavily vetted Flower Tossing back market? Adult and Adult Interactive product AAA testing and data capture indies? Stadium Coffee is Best Coffee?

Ah. Now see, there’s not any sense to the legs swinging over an untouchable horse with an ADA ‘saddle’ shower accessory for people with giant hands. But if you transform it from Olympic Material into dragon hands making a portal to Equestria, that’s worth a BPG and a WebM plus a js meme payload or so.
Additionally, breaststroke this season seems to involve mostly pointing your arms and maybe twirling your tibias or ankles furiously, and I missed the memo.
Everybody else has no noise at 1080p, right? I’m seeing 4x4 blocking trash on the cover NBC thang. There are some Kowloon or Thai broadcasts I should be looking to for proper bits, right? (Yay Japan IM swimming winners!)

3 Likes

13 Likes

A few days ago I added this to my word substitutions Chrome extension:

Olympics → Clusterfuck

I enjoy reading news about the games a bit more now.

3 Likes

How about the Laff-A-Lympics

8 Likes

ETA oh it was a now suspended troll twitter account… still the whole thing in general deserves this.

6 Likes

Aww I missed it, it is now suspended. :crying_cat_face:

3 Likes

I liked the “Dance of the Goon-Bag Fairies” bit from the opening. Nice to see them welcome the Aussie team with that. Wonder if the swim team gets free Stilnox on their pillows this time around.

1 Like