Pearl-clutching Pro-Trumpers file a complaint about a thing that didn't happen

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/29/pearl-clutching-pro-trumpers-file-a-complaint-about-a-thing-that-didnt-happen.html

15 Likes

Funny how they stretch to see mockery of Christianity here, but have no problem with a divorced adulterer, convicted felon, and adjudicated rapist claiming to embody their religion’s values.

Hypocrisy is a core value of all denominations of Xtianism.

67 Likes

33 Likes

Well, they better start taking a hammer to all those old statues and cathedrals and temples where one can see a flaccid dick. A child could walk by and see it!1111! The horror! It is sick how the right glorifies violence but even a hint that we are sexual beings, created for a sexual act is beyond offensive, just boggling to me…

24 Likes

From the linked article on Raw story:

“The blasphemous Olympics’ Opening Ceremony which included, among other obscene and indecent acts, a man partially exposing himself around children, is patently offensive for any sensible American and requires immediate FCC action against NBC".

I consider blasphemy, along with my right to criticize the government, as the most important aspects of freedom of speech.

31 Likes

Oh, so the “facts don’t care about your feelings” crowd isn’t happy about some facts that don’t care about THEIR feelings?

31 Likes

It seems deeply unflattering that the fundie squad is so myopic that they didn’t even manage to detect the overt and intentional pagan themes and complain about them.

They’d be worth ignoring contemptuously in either case; but there’s irksome pearl clutching and there’s culturally illiterate irksome pearl clutching.

25 Likes

They do know France is a different country, right?

37 Likes

The guy also didn’t expose himself. It was a hole in his tights. Which, admittedly, DID look like he was freeballing a bit from one angle. But it was pretty obvious from other angles and later in the dancing that it was the tights.

20 Likes

They’re suing NBC over the coverage of the ceremony that it broadcast in the United States.

10 Likes

No complaints about the threesome?

18 Likes

So US networks cannot broadcast anything that happens elsewhere in the world that might offend Americans (flag-burning, abortion news, etc).

10 Likes

You saw it to?

Thank goodness, I thought I was dreaming that.

9 Likes

And it’s a Republic. So no established church.

It’s a core tenet of actual republicanism.

21 Likes

One commenter, somewhere on the Interwebs, had the best response when they said, “It’s France. It’s what they do. The only thing that would make it more French is if, half way through, they all went on strike.”

38 Likes

Where can i watch this… pageant. Or whatever it was. Every video i see on youtube is some talking head screaming about the afront to christianity. Where can i see the unedited event, so i can, gasp, judge for myself.

6 Likes

Tom Fitton isn’t a lawyer, just professional outraged.

9 Likes

Try searching in a regular web browser instead of YT. I found sources from CNN, AP, NBC, etc., look for a video in the 5 hour range.

16 Likes

… while their stretch just happens to point out another ‘vector’ for right-wing attacks on a network that leans toward liberal and progressive viewpoints.

8 Likes

Part of their blindness to the influence of Paganism on Christianity.

16 Likes