Paris mayor drops f-bombs on reactionaries

Originally published at: Paris mayor drops f-bombs on reactionaries - Boing Boing

10 Likes

I guess the allure of cursing in another language goes both ways.

14 Likes

We need more politicians like this throughout the West.

26 Likes

Maybe the opening ceremonies, as a spectacle, was really something. But the Olympics as a whole, the corrupt IOC, the crushing debt, ill-built facilities and unfulfilled social promises… that part sucks tho.

Why does this coming together of the World have to involve yet more competitions and being better than others? Why can’t there just be a once in four years event when nations gather to fuck? George Carlin would have all the little details worked out I’m sure.

14 Likes

I came to the comments section to say “I’m going to add her to my ‘politicians I admire’ list”. This looks like a good place to put that.

4 Likes

I know what you’re saying. It’s great for the athletes to show the world what they can do, but the Olympics comes with a huuuge amount of baggage, as you listed.

3 Likes

These international events were created as substitutes for armed conflict, at least in their modern form, Eurovision especially. Perhaps even the original Olympics. Therefore they must be competitive. An event celebrating unity and equality and all that wouldn’t have occurred to the people in charge.

5 Likes

It’s staggeringly hypocritical for Trump to judge anything to be “tasteless and blasphemous.”

10 Likes
5 Likes

Yet, the performers were neither hit by lightning, nor swallowed up by the earth.
Not even a giant foot decended from the clouds.
So, apparently, no deities were offended.

Maybe someone should point this out to the jackasses.

6 Likes

That is quite the claim! So far I thought it was founded as a technical experiment in live broadcasting by the European Broadcasting Unit, itself mostly founded to discuss frequency issues and similar technical details.

3 Likes

OMG!

I See What You Did There GIF by Nicky Rojo

7 Likes

hand-of-god-monty-python

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.